Unique Table does not work
Author Message
 Unique Table does not work

i tried to update/add record from join recordset with dynamic property
unique table is set to say "Table1", but the result is both table us
updated, how can this happend?

thanks for the enlightment.

Sat, 21 May 2005 18:51:03 GMT
 Unique Table does not work
Jo,

I think it is expected result. If you make changes in both tables, then both
of them should be updated.

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> i tried to update/add record from join recordset with dynamic property
> unique table is set to say "Table1", but the result is both table us
> updated, how can this happend?

> thanks for the enlightment.

Sat, 21 May 2005 20:35:17 GMT
 Unique Table does not work
Hi

I am also having same problem. But my problem has not solved since last 15
days.

Sanjay Shah

Quote:
> i tried to update/add record from join recordset with dynamic property
> unique table is set to say "Table1", but the result is both table us
> updated, how can this happend?

> thanks for the enlightment.

Sun, 22 May 2005 14:28:09 GMT
 Unique Table does not work
Guys,

If you need more control over how your code works and what it
updates/deletes/inserts into database, FORGET about binding mode and other
automated features and use ADO library and EXPLICIT SQL statements (stored
procedures) directly. ONLY in that case you will get full control over what
is going on in your application. This is a classic example when people spend
time to develop using wizards, thinking that it is fast way to build
applications, and spend weeks to do that, rather to develop your  own code,
which could be written in a several hours

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi

> I am also having same problem. But my problem has not solved since last 15
> days.

> Sanjay Shah

> > i tried to update/add record from join recordset with dynamic property
> > unique table is set to say "Table1", but the result is both table us
> > updated, how can this happend?

> > thanks for the enlightment.

Sun, 22 May 2005 20:38:35 GMT
 Unique Table does not work
Actually i dont bind to any control. The code is as
simple as below:

set rs = new adodb.recordset
rs.properties("Unique Table").value = "SalesOrderProduct"

strsql = "SELECT SalesOrderProduct.ProductID, Product.ProductName
FROM SalesOrderProduct INNER JOIN Product ON SalesOrderProduct.ProductID =
Product.ProductID"

rs.open strsql, cn,.....

rs.addnew
rs.fields("ProductID").value = "xxx"
rs.fields("ProductName").value = "name"
rs.update

I expect that this code will just update the salesorderproduct table, but it
really update both table

Tue, 31 May 2005 23:21:39 GMT
 Unique Table does not work
Hi Jo Jon,

I am also having same problem but I could not able to get solution from
newgroup but I found one link in which they are using Stored Procedure and
SQL but I don't Understand this. Please find I you understand than please
reply me.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q2510217

Sanjay Shah

Quote:
> Actually i dont bind to any control. The code is as
> simple as below:

> set rs = new adodb.recordset
> rs.properties("Unique Table").value = "SalesOrderProduct"

> strsql = "SELECT SalesOrderProduct.ProductID, Product.ProductName
> FROM SalesOrderProduct INNER JOIN Product ON SalesOrderProduct.ProductID =
> Product.ProductID"

> rs.open strsql, cn,.....

> rs.addnew
> rs.fields("ProductID").value = "xxx"
> rs.fields("ProductName").value = "name"
> rs.update

> I expect that this code will just update the salesorderproduct table, but
it
> really update both table

Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:19:25 GMT
 Unique Table does not work
Sorry for Wrong Link,

Please try following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q251021

Sanjay Shah

Quote:
> Actually i dont bind to any control. The code is as
> simple as below:

> set rs = new adodb.recordset
> rs.properties("Unique Table").value = "SalesOrderProduct"

> strsql = "SELECT SalesOrderProduct.ProductID, Product.ProductName
> FROM SalesOrderProduct INNER JOIN Product ON SalesOrderProduct.ProductID =
> Product.ProductID"

> rs.open strsql, cn,.....

> rs.addnew
> rs.fields("ProductID").value = "xxx"
> rs.fields("ProductName").value = "name"
> rs.update

> I expect that this code will just update the salesorderproduct table, but
it
> really update both table

Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:23:46 GMT
 Unique Table does not work
Can't clearly remember buy don't you set the uniquetable after opening the
recordset?

Regards

MichaelC

Quote:
> Actually i dont bind to any control. The code is as
> simple as below:

> set rs = new adodb.recordset
> rs.properties("Unique Table").value = "SalesOrderProduct"

> strsql = "SELECT SalesOrderProduct.ProductID, Product.ProductName
> FROM SalesOrderProduct INNER JOIN Product ON SalesOrderProduct.ProductID =
> Product.ProductID"

> rs.open strsql, cn,.....

> rs.addnew
> rs.fields("ProductID").value = "xxx"
> rs.fields("ProductName").value = "name"
> rs.update

> I expect that this code will just update the salesorderproduct table, but
it
> really update both table

Fri, 03 Jun 2005 20:25:07 GMT
 Unique Table does not work
Hi MichaelC,

After Setting Unique Table & Unique Catalog Property it's Giving following
Error

"Non-existent or under-specified  UNIQUE TABLE."

Sanjay Shah

Quote:
> Can't clearly remember buy don't you set the uniquetable after opening the
> recordset?

> Regards

> MichaelC

> > Actually i dont bind to any control. The code is as
> > simple as below:

> > set rs = new adodb.recordset
> > rs.properties("Unique Table").value = "SalesOrderProduct"

> > strsql = "SELECT SalesOrderProduct.ProductID, Product.ProductName
> > FROM SalesOrderProduct INNER JOIN Product ON SalesOrderProduct.ProductID
=
> > Product.ProductID"

> > rs.open strsql, cn,.....

> > rs.addnew
> > rs.fields("ProductID").value = "xxx"
> > rs.fields("ProductName").value = "name"
> > rs.update

> > I expect that this code will just update the salesorderproduct table,
but
> it
> > really update both table

Sat, 04 Jun 2005 17:33:16 GMT

1. "Unique Table" does NOT work :(

2. Unique Table Not Work With Me

3. "Unique Table" does NOT work :(

4. Herlp: LIKE in SQL doe not work anymore

5. How to pass a unique id from table to table

6. Setting table to update (Unique Table property)

7. Unique Table dynamic Table

8. Relink Access tables from code - not working!?

9. VBA table delete does not work consistently?

10. Acc97: LastModified and Bookmark not working on ODBC table

11. addnew does not work with empty tables.

12. Simple jet SQL query will not work for one table but will for another