Data link properties window
Author Message
 Data link properties window

Hi,

I'd appreciate your help. Do you know of a way to programmatically open a
data link properties window such as the one for editing UDL files. I need to
let users build their own connection strings and then use it to retrieve
data.

Adrian

+++
Adrian Zajkeskovic

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:48:31 GMT
 Data link properties window
1.Include "Microsoft OLE DB Service Component 1.0 Type Library " to your
project
2.Create the DataLink object as showen

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dim DL as New DataLink ,ConnStr as String
    ConnStr=DL.PromptNew '<--------Now You will see that dialog box

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
3.Good Luck

MAX

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'd appreciate your help. Do you know of a way to programmatically open a
> data link properties window such as the one for editing UDL files. I need
> let users build their own connection strings and then use it to retrieve
> data.

> Adrian

> +++
> Adrian Zajkeskovic

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:48:46 GMT
 Data link properties window
Hi-
    I have used this class in the past:

http://www.levasseur.net/VB/classes/cFileProps.cls
Usage:
Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim lRet As Long
    Dim cFP As New cFileProps
    lRet = cFP.ShowProperties("C:\Test.UDL")
End Sub

    It's a generic class to show file properties
dialogs. Handy ...
Joe

 Microsoft Developer MVP- Visual Basic
 Try Yankee Clipper III- the new version of Yankee Clipper:
 http://www.yankee-clipper.net
 "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human
 freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed
 of slaves." William Pitt
PS- Please reply to the newsgroup- except in the
case of flames, insults, etc. (Don't bother.)

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'd appreciate your help. Do you know of a way to programmatically open a
> data link properties window such as the one for editing UDL files. I need
> let users build their own connection strings and then use it to retrieve
> data.

> Adrian

> +++
> Adrian Zajkeskovic

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:14:47 GMT

1. How to call the Data Link Properties window from a Visual Basic code

2. Show Data Link Properties window at run-time?

3. Selecting properties for data controls blanks properties window

4. Properties window goes blank when Data Source property clicked- VB6 CR 7

5. About link in the properties window

6. Show Data Link Properties Dialog Box

7. Data Link Properties not comming up anymore.

8. Data Link Properties dialogue

9. Data Link Properties

10. Show the Data Link Properties in a vb app

11. Data link properties

12. "Data link properties" dialog