package deployment not distributing ADO properly
Author Message
 package deployment not distributing ADO properly

When I execute my program on certain machines, it crashes when it
tries to declare an ADODB.Connection variable.

I'm using PDW now, but the setup file isn't correcting the problem.

There are two files I'm certain are not being installed correctly, the
install works fine and dandy on my machine (as does the application)
but on systems where I'm trying to run it I get errors from the setup
program.

I find that it installs fine on my machine when I use
"DLLSelfRegister" in the file installations section of the setup.lst
file.  But I need to use "TLBRegister" to get it to install on these
other troublesome machines.  Unfortunately, changing the registration
type seems to nullify the purpose of installing them to begin with
since I get the original ADODB.connection problem still exits.

*****************Appropriate lines in setup.lst *****************

11:36:58 AM,192784,2.60.6526.0

10:31:14 AM,61440,2.60.6526.0
*****************Appropriate lines in setup.lst *****************

I'm getting close to my wits end.

I've already checked on MS article Q208699 wrt: PRB: Error
"$(DllSelfRegisterEX) Could Not Be Registered" due to my use of the
Calander control

I found the alternative to "DLLSelfRgister" is "TLBRegister" although
I'm not certain as to the significance in  MS article Q299645 wrt:
BUG: Error "Unable to Register MSADO15.TLB" If You Use a PDW Package
to Install a VB Application.

The problem lies I'm almost certain in my inability to install
msadox.dll and msado21.tlb can someone help?

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:43:12 GMT
 package deployment not distributing ADO properly
If you've upgraded to ADO 2.6, then you must ensure that you replace the
existing mdac_typ.exe (usually found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist) with the mdac_typ.exe you downloaded to
install ADO 2.6.  Otherwise, you package an earlier version of ADO with your
distribution package, and you'll get this error when you run the exe.

--
HTH

Craig Hunt, MCSE, MCDBA
AISA Logic, Inc.
http://aisalogic.com

--Think when you breathe.

Quote:
> When I execute my program on certain machines, it crashes when it
> tries to declare an ADODB.Connection variable.

> I'm using PDW now, but the setup file isn't correcting the problem.

> There are two files I'm certain are not being installed correctly, the
> install works fine and dandy on my machine (as does the application)
> but on systems where I'm trying to run it I get errors from the setup
> program.

> I find that it installs fine on my machine when I use
> "DLLSelfRegister" in the file installations section of the setup.lst
> file.  But I need to use "TLBRegister" to get it to install on these
> other troublesome machines.  Unfortunately, changing the registration
> type seems to nullify the purpose of installing them to begin with
> since I get the original ADODB.connection problem still exits.

> *****************Appropriate lines in setup.lst *****************

> 11:36:58 AM,192784,2.60.6526.0

> 10:31:14 AM,61440,2.60.6526.0
> *****************Appropriate lines in setup.lst *****************

> I'm getting close to my wits end.

> I've already checked on MS article Q208699 wrt: PRB: Error
> "$(DllSelfRegisterEX) Could Not Be Registered" due to my use of the
> Calander control

> I found the alternative to "DLLSelfRgister" is "TLBRegister" although
> I'm not certain as to the significance in  MS article Q299645 wrt:
> BUG: Error "Unable to Register MSADO15.TLB" If You Use a PDW Package
> to Install a VB Application.

> The problem lies I'm almost certain in my inability to install
> msadox.dll and msado21.tlb can someone help?

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 03:33:45 GMT

1. MDAC & VB ADO Package Deployment

2. Question about distributing (or Not) the mdac_typ package ..

3. ADO Package and deployment

4. ADO and the Packaging Deployment Wiz.

5. ADO 2.0 and Package/Deployment Wizard

6. MDAC & VB ADO Package Deployment

7. ADO 2.5 & (Package Deployment or VSI)

8. ADO 2.0 and Package/Deployment Wizard

9. Package and Deployment wizard does not load

10. newer ocx not installed by package deployment wizard

11. Packaging and Deployment - Not a valid path problem

12. Can Package and Deployment Wizard handle COM packages?