many copies of msado15.dll and memory leaks
Author Message
 many copies of msado15.dll and memory leaks

I've been researching a memory leak in my ASP pages (the private bytes in
inetinfo.exe continues to climb about 20Mb per day) which didn't start until
I upgraded to MDAC 2.5 a couple weeks ago.  In my search for the problem, I
noticed that I have 5 copies of msado15.dll on my webserver.  Their location
and version are as follows:

In c:\program files\common files\system\ado            Version 2.50.4403.9
In c:\program files\common files\system\msadc       Version 2.0.3002.23
In c:\program files\common files\system\oledb        Version 2.0.3002.23
In c:\winnt
Version 2.0.3002.23
In c:\winnt\system32
Version 2.0.3002.23

My ASP pages do a TON of database calls and looping through record sets,
etc. So my suspicion is that there may be some leaks with opening and
closing multiple db connections.  I'm using SQLServer 6.5 and connecting via
ODBC with named pipes and the SQLServer driver version
(I believe this driver got updated also when I upgraded to MDAC2.5).
The sqlserver driver dll is called SQLSRV32.DLL.

Does anyone know which version msado15.dll gets used by ASP and SQLServer?
And why are there so many copies in different places?

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:38:19 GMT

1. memory leak in crpe32.dll or cpeaut32.dll

2. Memory Leaks/Resource Leaks

3. DLL memory leak - need help

4. VB .Dll needs testing for memory leaks (need tools)

5. IIS/ASP accessing a VB6 COM+ DLL - Excessive memory usage / leak

6. tracing memory leaks - VB ActiveX DLL under MTS

7. IIS Windows Application Manager (WAM.DLL) memory leak

8. Memory leak for ActiveX DLL with Automation Object

9. DLL memory leak?

10. Memory leak using WinInet.dll in VB?

11. Memory leak in CRPE32.DLL

12. memory leak in ora73.dll