AbsolutePage, PageCount & PageSize ???
Author Message
 AbsolutePage, PageCount & PageSize ???

Hi All

I would like to correctly understand the behavior of ADO when using the
Recordset properties AbsolutePage, PageCount & PageSize.

If  I submit a query that will return say 1000 records (as determined by
count (*)) ... now my problem is that  I want to "Page" through this dataset
on a web application through a data access component (in MTS) on an
application server in say 10 pages of 100 records each.

Using using the Recordset properties AbsolutePage, PageCount & PageSize etc
is great ... just what I want from a functional point of view.

What I want to know is where does the buffering occur - in the SQL Server or
in the the ADO Cursor (MTS Application Server). I want to know what happens
when you set the AbsolutePage property ... and where do all the records
reside as one pages through the data.

The reason for all this is that I have a job of optimising a web based  data
access application.

Many thanks
Graham

Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:13:20 GMT

1. ADO pagesize and pagecount too slow for big recordsets??

2. ADO pagesize and pagecount too slow for big recordsets??

3. Can .AbsolutePage be used with stored queries?

4. absolutepage constant not working

5. Problem with objRS.AbsolutePage (Paging a recordset)

6. AbsolutePage

7. AbsolutePage property with Oracle...

8. AbsolutePage = -1 !!

9. AbsolutePage = -1 !!

10. pagecount by the user

11. PageCount and RecordCount properties

12. PageCount returns -1