Logging SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure Output 
Author Message
 Logging SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure Output

Hello,

I'm trying access SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure Output within VB.

A simple example:

I have a stored procedure in SQL Server

---------------

CREATE  PROCEDURE [dbo].[lots_of_statements] AS

print 'starting execution'

--some statements

..

print 'more statements'

..

print 'last statment'

..

----------------------------

Is there a way I can log those "print" statments into Visual Basic to be
put into a log.  (If I need another command other than print to do it,
please tell me)  I'd prefer if I could update the VB frontend in real
time as each statement executes, so I could provide the user where the
current execution is.  At the very least I would like something!  Can
this or anything close to it be done?

Thanks!

---
Michael

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.*-*-*.com/ ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Sun, 01 May 2005 03:21:09 GMT  
 Logging SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure Output
Hi Michael,

See if this is what you need

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q194792

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP


Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm trying access SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure Output within VB.

> A simple example:

> I have a stored procedure in SQL Server

> ---------------

> CREATE  PROCEDURE [dbo].[lots_of_statements] AS

> print 'starting execution'

> --some statements

> ..

> print 'more statements'

> ..

> print 'last statment'

> ..

> ----------------------------

> Is there a way I can log those "print" statments into Visual basic to be
> put into a log.  (If I need another command other than print to do it,
> please tell me)  I'd prefer if I could update the VB frontend in real
> time as each statement executes, so I could provide the user where the
> current execution is.  At the very least I would like something!  Can
> this or anything close to it be done?

> Thanks!

> ---
> Michael

> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!



Sun, 01 May 2005 03:38:56 GMT  
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. doing updating from grid to sql server with stored procedure sql 2000

2. Calling a SQL Server 2000 store procedure from MS-Access

3. VB.NET,SQL SERVER 2000 STORED PROCEDURE PARAMETERS, CRYSTAL REPORTS

4. Crystal Reports 8.5, SQL Server 2000, and Stored Procedures

5. Type Name is Invalid error -- Windows 2000/98 application with SQL Server/stored procedure problem

6. SQL Server 2000 stored procedure not returning rows

7. Help Retrieve Result From Store Procedure (SQL Server 2000)

8. SQL Server 2000 stored procedure not returning rows

9. HELP: Calling Stored Procedure w/large output from VB6 (using SQL Server)

10. Output Parameter from SQL Server Stored Procedure

11. ADO Output Parameter with Stored Procedure in SQL Server 7

12. HELP: Calling Stored Procedure w/large output from VB6 (using SQL Server)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software