ADO data grid refresh
Author Message
 ADO data grid refresh

I have an ado data grid bound to a data environment designer (Client Side
Cursor - Access Db).  After adding data to the database using an SQL insert
command, how do i get the data grid to show the new data.  I have tried
requerying the recordset and refreshing the data grid with no luck.  Any
ideas please..

Luke

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:30:24 GMT
 ADO data grid refresh
Luke

Try

Recordset.Resync

Sukesh

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:22:23 GMT
 ADO data grid refresh
If you did the insert on a seperate connection, wait 5 seconds.

Set datagrid.datasource=nothing
if dataenvironment.rscommand.state=1 then dataenvironment.rscommand.close
dataenvironment.command
Set datagrid.datasource=dataenvironment

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN at msdn.microsoft.com or the
Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

Hello, Im the humble disclaimer. Nobody really likes me. Im used to being
ignored and maligned I still get the job done. If you cared enough to
read me, youd learn that this posting is provided AS IS with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

--------------------

Quote:

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.database.ado
>Subject: ADO data grid refresh
>Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:30:24 +0100

[212.240.119.2]:212.240.119.2
Quote:

Quote:

>I have an ado data grid bound to a data environment designer (Client Side
>Cursor - Access Db).  After adding data to the database using an SQL insert
>command, how do i get the data grid to show the new data.  I have tried
>requerying the recordset and refreshing the data grid with no luck.  Any
>ideas please..

>Luke

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 01:09:33 GMT

1. How can I refresh data in data grid after add new/edit

2. How can I refresh/requery data in data grid after add new/edit

3. Refresh data in Data Grid Control

4. Refreshing Grid w/Oracle ADO & DE

5. Ado grid not refreshing

6. Data Validation with ADO and Data Grid

7. First Cell Empty in Data Grid bound to ADO Data Control

8. ADO Data Control and Data Grid

9. Refresh data grid

10. Refresh on a database / data grid and remember position (VB4)

11. True Grid/Data Control not refreshing

12. Refresh on a database / data grid and remember position (VB4)