Integrated Security Error
Author Message
 Integrated Security Error

I have the following line in a VB program using ADO.

objAzConn.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;driver={SQL
Server};server=server01;database=AzTest;Trusted_Connection=yes;"

If I give a global NT group explicit SELECT rights to a table in the above
database, the command works.
However if I give the same global NT group rights to the database server
role 'db_datareader' of the above database, the command fails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:59:38 GMT
 Integrated Security Error
I have the following line in a VB program using ADO.

objAzConn.Open "PROVIDER=MSDASQL;driver={SQL
Server};server=server01;database=AzTest;Trusted_Connection=yes;"

If I give a global NT group explicit SELECT rights to a table in the above
database, the command works.
However if I give the same global NT group rights to the database server
role 'db_datareader' of the above database, the command fails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:39:59 GMT

1. COM+ and SQL Server; COM+, SQL Server, and Integrated Security; Integrated Security [Solved :-)]

2. ODBC & Integrated Security Problem

3. How to integrate Windows security with VB-app

4. COM+, SQL Server, and Integrated Security

5. Integrated security

6. Windows NT Integrated Security, SQL 2000 and CR7

7. Windows NT integrated security

8. SQL Integrated Security and Crystal

9. windows integrated security !!

10. Integrated Security Issues with SQL2000 and Crystal 8

11. Integrated security on OLEDB

12. CR and SQL Server INTEGRATED SECURITY