ado access problem in complied dll
Author Message
 ado access problem in complied dll

Hi Greeting to all!

I'm developing a simple webclass application with ado
(using Access database). The problem is that my
application runs fine in IDE.However, whenever I try to
access the the webpage from a browser(after I compiled it
to a dll), I got the following error:

Error Type:
Login (0x800A9C68)
Application-defined or object-defined error
/Login-0/LoginW.ASP, line 13

If I remove the ADODB codes, everything is good then. It
seems like a security issue. But I havn't got a solution
from all the articles yet. I've given IUSER_**** and
IWAN_*** the read/execurate/write permission to the
database file.

Anybody can provide some clues?
Thans a lot

--- Fred

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:58:29 GMT
 ado access problem in complied dll

Hi Greeting to all!

I'm developing a simple webclass application with ado
(using Access database). The problem is that my
application runs fine in IDE.However, whenever I try to
access the the webpage from a browser(after I compiled it
to a dll), I got the following error:

Error Type:
Login (0x800A9C68)
Application-defined or object-defined error
/Login-0/LoginW.ASP, line 13

If I remove the ADODB codes, everything is good then. It
seems like a security issue. But I havn't got a solution
from all the articles yet. I've given IUSER_**** and
IWAN_*** the read/execurate/write permission to the
database file.

You're probably on the right track although the permission issue is probably with respect to the
folder as well. See if the following helps:

PRB: Microsoft Access Database Connectivity Fails in Active Server Pages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253604

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:37:08 GMT
 ado access problem in complied dll
Thanks Paul, problem solved.
The article
PRB: Microsoft Access Database Connectivity Fails in Active Server
Pages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253604
does help me fixed the problem. The ado actually requires pemission to
the system TEMP and TMP directory. After I changed that, everything is
alright. I'm wondering why I never found this article before since my
problem seems to be very common.

--Fred

Quote:

> Hi Greeting to all!
>
> I'm developing a simple webclass application with ado
> (using Access database). The problem is that my
> application runs fine in IDE.However, whenever I try to
> access the the webpage from a browser(after I compiled it
> to a dll), I got the following error:
>
> Error Type:
> Login (0x800A9C68)
> Application-defined or object-defined error
> /Login-0/LoginW.ASP, line 13
>
> If I remove the ADODB codes, everything is good then. It
> seems like a security issue. But I havn't got a solution
> from all the articles yet. I've given IUSER_**** and
> IWAN_*** the read/execurate/write permission to the
> database file.

> You're probably on the right track although the permission issue is probably with respect to the
> folder as well. See if the following helps:

> PRB: Microsoft Access Database Connectivity Fails in Active Server Pages
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253604

> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:36:24 GMT

1. Complied DLL causes createobject to fail

2. Beginner ADO/Access DLL problem

3. Can't run a problem coded in vb4.0 when complied in vb5.0

4. Problem adding to collection only when complied, not in IDE

5. Problem w/complied code

6. Problem w/complied code

7. Problem w/complied code

8. Problem with ADO accessing Access DB in VB6

9. Problem with ADO accessing Access DB in VB6

10. Database loses its complied state

11. Complied for MEE!!

12. Permission problem with WebClass DLL and ADO database