ADO 2.6 and Win98
Author Message
 ADO 2.6 and Win98

Thanks guys, I'll give your ideas a try....however, I'm
still a bit perplexed. I would have thought that if my
project has a reference to 2.6 and then I create a setup
package, that package would contain the necessary 2.6 files
to install on the client machine. As I did get the dialog
saying 'Installing Data Access Components' when I ran the
setup, does this mean that a) the setup was a bare-faced
liar and wasn't actually installing DAC?, or b) the package
wizard ignores the specific reference in the project and
includes any old data access components it can find? :-)

Cheers,

Mick

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:48:00 GMT
 ADO 2.6 and Win98

released on Thu, 9 May 2002 07:48:00 -0700 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:
>Thanks guys, I'll give your ideas a try....however, I'm
>still a bit perplexed. I would have thought that if my
>project has a reference to 2.6 and then I create a setup
>package, that package would contain the necessary 2.6 files
>to install on the client machine. As I did get the dialog
>saying 'Installing Data Access Components' when I ran the
>setup, does this mean that a) the setup was a bare-faced
>liar and wasn't actually installing DAC?, or b) the package
>wizard ignores the specific reference in the project and
>includes any old data access components it can find? :-)

The wizard gets it's MDAC.exe from the redist folder. did
you replace this with the 2.6 MDAC.exe?

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:10:08 GMT

1. MDAC 2.5/2.6 installation on Win98

2. Installing MDAC 2.6 and Jet 4.0 on a Original Edition Win98 system

3. ADO 2.5 or ADO 2.6

4. why is ADO 2.6 referenced differently?

5. Using ADO 2.6 in .NET

6. ADO and MDAC 2.6

7. ADO 2.6 Help Files

8. Is ADO 2.6 buggy/slow?

9. ADO 2.6 and Oracle 8.1.6 - column data missing when opening a recordset

10. ADO 2.6 and SQL*Server 97 - unable to get .recordcount to work

11. ADO 2.6 problem Can't read BLOB data from Sqlserver 2000 table

12. ADO 2.5 or 2.6