Use NT Security instead of SQL Security
Author Message
 Use NT Security instead of SQL Security

Hi,

To connect, using integrated security, you need to specify
Integrated Security=SSPI; parameter inside connection
string. But SQL Server should be properly configured to
use integrated security of Windows NT.

Val

Quote:
connects
>to a SQL Server database using a user name and password
>assigned in SQL Server.  How can I connect using NT
>authentication?

>Thanks.

>Mark.
>.

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 04:23:26 GMT
 Use NT Security instead of SQL Security
Hello,

Following is a simple example of connection string that uses NT
authenication.

"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=False;Initial Catalog=databasename;Data Source=sqlservername"

Please check the "Integrated Security=SSPI" item.

Hope it helps!

Allan

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:34:40 GMT
 Use NT Security instead of SQL Security
Hi Val.

Do you know what are the differences between "Integrated Security=SSPI" and
"Trusted_Connection=yes"? What I know is that both will connect using NT
authentication but when should I use one or another?

Thanks.

Quote:
> Hi,

> To connect, using integrated security, you need to specify
> Integrated Security=SSPI; parameter inside connection
> string. But SQL Server should be properly configured to
> use integrated security of Windows NT.

> Val

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:43:14 GMT
 Use NT Security instead of SQL Security
Hi Erik,

The difference is:

if you are using SQLOLEDB in connection string then you
should use "Integrated Security=SSPI"

if you are using MSDASQLin connection string then you
should use "Trusted_Connection=Yes"

Each provider has its own properties.

Check next link

url=/library/en-us/adosql/adoprg01_0ahx.asp

Val

Quote:

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 03:32:01 GMT
 Use NT Security instead of SQL Security
Hi Val.

So the Provider defines what parameter to use, right?. Do you know if Oracle
also has this concept of NT authentication?

Thanks again.

Quote:
> Hi Erik,

> The difference is:

> if you are using SQLOLEDB in connection string then you
> should use "Integrated Security=SSPI"

> if you are using MSDASQLin connection string then you
> should use "Trusted_Connection=Yes"

> Each provider has its own properties.

> Check next link

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
> url=/library/en-us/adosql/adoprg01_0ahx.asp

> Val

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:44:43 GMT

1. Windows NT Integrated Security, SQL 2000 and CR7

2. Client side ActiveX control accessing SQL Server with Windows NT Security

3. Using VB to set NT Security on Files and Directories

4. Determine NT security rights using VB

5. Clearing NT Security Log Using VB5

6. Need code examples for using NT Security APIs

7. Using NT security and user SID/login name

8. Using NT Security

9. Using NT security and user SID/login name

10. SQL-Server: Retrieving the UserName (when using trusted security)

11. Object security (DCOMCFG, Component Services, Security, VB6, Installation)

12. Problems with MTS security or Database Security ?????