Using a Server machine's Access Database from a clients machine
Author Message
 Using a Server machine's Access Database from a clients machine

Hi ,

I am creating an application in which I have to connect to a Server
machine's Access Database from a clients machine over the net.

Currently I am using RDS and a com object

Is there any other way for that.

Thanks

Sahil Khan

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:27:53 GMT
 Using a Server machine's Access Database from a clients machine
Connect what to a server machine?  Are you trying to link tables or access
data?
If your trying to read and write data to a Access DB on the server machine
from a web interface on the client, you can use many techniques.  How about
ASP?  Create an ADODB recordset and retreive the data via ASP script.  You
can also create a COM object and call the data retreiving and writing
functions via ASP from a web page.

TZ

Quote:
> Hi ,

> I am creating an application in which I have to connect to a Server
> machine's Access Database from a clients machine over the net.

> Currently I am using RDS and a com object

> Is there any other way for that.

> Thanks

> Sahil Khan

Wed, 11 Jun 2003 04:06:48 GMT

1. Wen enabled database that interacts with the client's machine

2. Creating Text File on Client's Local Machine When Accessing Web Default Page

3. Why a compiled executable won't run on client's machine

4. Getting a machine's MAC address given a NETBIOS machine name or IP address

5. Error Win 95 Machines Using VB (Works Fine on NT Machines)

6. Multi Machine how to Acess and lock the same database ( No use the Server database)

7. Run-time error '462': The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable

8. To Script to downlaod a file from Server to Client machine

9. Client Server on one machine

10. Terminal Server Problem / Beep on the client machine

11. client server on one machine

12. Client's machine crash on VBA in Excel