Write Unicode-Characters (Russian) to Informix
Author Message
 Write Unicode-Characters (Russian) to Informix

I always get an ODBC error when I try to fill up a n-Char 20 (and also
Char20) Infomix field with Russian characters from VB.

error message:
Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status
value, if available. No work was done.

if I fill the field with normal characters it's no problem.

my settings are:

"Provider=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers;" & _
         "Data Source=EGIDDin;User Id=blabla;Password=XXX;DB=datenbank;" & _
         "DB_LOCALE=en_us.utf8;" & _
         "client_locale=en_us.utf8;"

the oledb provider connects via a INFORMIX 3.80 ODBC driver.

thank you for your help

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:30:04 GMT

1. HELP: How to write Unicode character in VBscript

2. How to use in vb applications russian characters?

3. Russian characters

4. Cyrillic (Russian) characters in textboxes

5. How to display Russian/Arabic characters on command buttons

6. Displaying Russian character data

7. Read/Write to file, character by character

8. Problem with MAPI.Message Text member and Non-Latin Unicode Characters

9. Unicode character encoding

10. Unicode Characters

11. Search & Replace Unicode Characters

12. Insert unicode characters in a textbox with a VB macro in Access 2000