Database Hardware
Author Message
 Database Hardware

Hi

Maybe this isn't quite the right group, but I'm hoping someone may know
the answer.

I am trying to create a resilient database application. I thought of
having it on more than one PC and then updating to the other every so
often, but that sounds messy (who's the master, who's the slave?)

I then thought of having 2 PC's accessing a NAS (via SCSI), but then
ideally I would need the storage device to be in two separate places
(even separate buildings maybe?) so then all the database access would
be via the network which didn't sound too hot. And how does one NAS
update the other?

This must be a very common question. Does anyone know an approach with
works?

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:38:44 GMT
 Database Hardware
Look into failover clustering.

There are some companies that specialize in this type of configurations and
setup.

HTH,
Tore.

Quote:
> Hi

> Maybe this isn't quite the right group, but I'm hoping someone may know
> the answer.

> I am trying to create a resilient database application. I thought of
> having it on more than one PC and then updating to the other every so
> often, but that sounds messy (who's the master, who's the slave?)

> I then thought of having 2 PC's accessing a NAS (via SCSI), but then
> ideally I would need the storage device to be in two separate places
> (even separate buildings maybe?) so then all the database access would
> be via the network which didn't sound too hot. And how does one NAS
> update the other?

> This must be a very common question. Does anyone know an approach with
> works?

Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:34:25 GMT

1. Add New Hardware Database in Win95

2. Need advice on selecting database engine and hardware

3. Help on Choice of HardWare for an SQL structured database

4. Help on Choice of HardWare for an SQL structured database

5. Hardware/Software Inventory

6. hardware access

7. VB interface with hardware

8. Obtaining Hardware Serial Number