how to detect adodc MoveComplete status?
Author Message
 how to detect adodc MoveComplete status?

isit possible to detect whether the recordset moved is due to a
recordset.Find or the user physically pressed the MoveNext button in ADO
Data Control?

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:26:40 GMT
 how to detect adodc MoveComplete status?
Hi,

I think you can use MoveComplete event of it to do that.
It should fire everytime when your cursor position changes.

Val
Microsoft MVP

Quote:

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:45:07 GMT
 how to detect adodc MoveComplete status?
yes,  i know MoveComplete will be fired when the cursor moves, but i want to
differentitate whether the cursor move is becos of the Next button is
pressed (directly from user action) or becos of the recordset is doing a
Find from other source (application procedure) .

Quote:
> Hi,

> I think you can use MoveComplete event of it to do that.
> It should fire everytime when your cursor position changes.

> Val
> Microsoft MVP

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:17:06 GMT
 how to detect adodc MoveComplete status?
Set module level variable set it to true if user move records
then check & set the variable to false in MoveComplete Status

Quote:
> yes,  i know MoveComplete will be fired when the cursor moves, but i want
> differentitate whether the cursor move is becos of the Next button is
> pressed (directly from user action) or becos of the recordset is doing a
> Find from other source (application procedure) .

> > Hi,

> > I think you can use MoveComplete event of it to do that.
> > It should fire everytime when your cursor position changes.

> > Val
> > Microsoft MVP

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:08:24 GMT
 how to detect adodc MoveComplete status?
Hi,

I do not think that you can do that. As I know event does not show it.

Quote:
> yes,  i know MoveComplete will be fired when the cursor moves, but i want
> differentitate whether the cursor move is becos of the Next button is
> pressed (directly from user action) or becos of the recordset is doing a
> Find from other source (application procedure) .

> > Hi,

> > I think you can use MoveComplete event of it to do that.
> > It should fire everytime when your cursor position changes.

> > Val
> > Microsoft MVP

Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:09:54 GMT

1. ADODC MoveComplete syntax problem

2. ADODC MoveComplete syntax problem

3. checking BOF inside movecomplete triggers movecomplete

4. Detecting replica status

5. Detecting dial-up networking connection status

6. Detecting a buttons status

7. Detecting Browser Status Bar Text?

8. how to detect printer status in VB

9. How to detect printer status through vb

10. Detecting Docking Station Status

11. How do I detect drag drop operation status, without drag_over or drag_drop events

12. Detecting the status of other windows