ADO connection Handle?
Author Message
 ADO connection Handle?

Hi I'm new to V.B.  Does anyone know if it possble to get the handle of an
ADO connection?

Thanks

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 08:15:26 GMT
 ADO connection Handle?
Hi,

In VB it is pointer. If you declare ADO Connection
variable like

Dim loConnection as ADODB.Connection

and initialize and open it

Set loConnection = New ADODB.Connection
loConnection.Open ...

then loConnection will point to that opened connection.

Val

Quote:

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:37:56 GMT
 ADO connection Handle?
Thanks Val

However that did not solve my problem.  I am attempting to run crystal
reports through my application.  They used to connect to the database using
ODBC, now I want it to connect using a com object.  In order for this to
work I need the handle (thats what their support told me) of the database
connection.  They have an example on the Crystal Decisions website
'C2010347' for RDO but nothing for ADO. I attempted before to use the
pointer and the method did not accept it.

Thanks

> Hi,

> In VB it is pointer. If you declare ADO Connection
> variable like

> Dim loConnection as ADODB.Connection

> and initialize and open it

> Set loConnection = New ADODB.Connection
> loConnection.Open ...

> then loConnection will point to that opened connection.

> Val

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:24:27 GMT
 ADO connection Handle?
Hi,

Nevermind ADO would not have a handle because it uses pointers.

Thanks anyway

JV

Quote:
> Hi I'm new to V.B.  Does anyone know if it possble to get the handle of an
> ADO connection?

> Thanks

Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:48:39 GMT

1. ADO - PELogOnSQLServerWithPrivateInfo() Handle to database connection

2. ADO and ODBC connection handle

3. ADO Guru: How do I get connection handle?

4. Connection Problem - ado failover connection

5. ADO Connection State Does Not Reflect Actual Connection State

6. Connection Errors via ADO Connection Object

7. ADO Connection - How to set ANSI_NULLS OFF through the connection

8. Release ADO connection from a connection pool

9. ADO connection passed to a DLL fails to maintain valid connection

10. ADO Connection Speed Connection

11. ADO Connection & ADO FillDataSet

12. ADO control works while ADO Connection String fails