ADO find
Author Message
 ADO find

Hi,
I have 2 forms. First form contains various fields like firstname,
lastname,age,DOB,etc. Second form is a query system containing one textbox
and a submit button. The user enters lastname in the textbox to retrive all
the results matching that name. How can this be done? Thanks for your
advanced help.

Hari

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 04:48:57 GMT
 ADO find
Think in terms of a filter rather than a find.
Rs. Filter = "LastName LIKE '%" & Text1.Text & "%'"
The above will filter out all records that have the Text1.Text in the last name
field.

Regards
Dave Ward

Quote:

> Hi,
> I have 2 forms. First form contains various fields like firstname,
> lastname,age,DOB,etc. Second form is a query system containing one textbox
> and a submit button. The user enters lastname in the textbox to retrive all
> the results matching that name. How can this be done? Thanks for your
> advanced help.

> Hari

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:24:03 GMT
 ADO find
Quote:

> Hi,
> I have 2 forms. First form contains various fields like firstname,
> lastname,age,DOB,etc. Second form is a query system containing one textbox
> and a submit button. The user enters lastname in the textbox to retrive all
> the results matching that name. How can this be done? Thanks for your
> advanced help.

> Hari

Lately I built a small app that resembled this. What I did was to assign
to each textbox's tagvalue the table/fieldname (separated by a slash).
When it was time to retrieve data based upon the given input I just
collected all the textboxes (just loop through all the me.controls where
the typeof is textbox) and collected it's value and tag (which contains
the table/fieldcombination. This I stored in an array and used it to
construct the SQL query.

Richard

Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:11:03 GMT

1. ADO Finding Highest Number in ADO Recordset field?

2. ADO Find -- is this even possible?

3. ADO find

4. ADO Find with variable having an apostrophe in string

5. ADO Find method

6. ADO Find Method

7. Problem with ADO find method (too many records)

8. ADO Find method!

9. ADO Find method and dataGrid

10. ADO find problem

11. ADO Find Method