"Operation must use an updateable query" error
Author Message
 "Operation must use an updateable query" error

I'd appreciate a little help...

I'm use the ADO data control in VB 6 Professional with the Jet 4.0 OLE
module loaded via
MDAC 2.5 SP2

I'm working a what should be a simple homework assignment.

I've linked the ADODC control to an Access .mdb file.

I've placed two data-bound text boxes on the form linked to the ADODC
control and the
specific field within the datbase I'm interested.

I can navigate just fine using the control's built MoveLast, First, Next,
Previous "buttons", but
it I change and of the data in the text box and attemp to move away from it
via the control,
I get the "Operation must use and updateable query" error message.

I've messed about with all the sharing options under the "Advanced" tab of
the Connection
string dialog box without sucess.

Can someone provide a hint for me?  Searching the MSDN help files didn't
find me anything
useful.

A clue would be vastly appreciated.

adTHANKSvance!

Simeon

Sun, 08 May 2005 15:20:44 GMT
 "Operation must use an updateable query" error
Oops...

Sorry to follow-up on my own posting.

As soon as I sent this, I figured out what the problem was...

I copied the .mdb file from the textbook's cd-rom.

It was read-only.

D'oh!

Sorry to have bothered y'all.

Simeon

Quote:
> I'd appreciate a little help...

> I'm use the ADO data control in VB 6 Professional with the Jet 4.0 OLE
> module loaded via
> MDAC 2.5 SP2

> I'm working a what should be a simple homework assignment.

> I've linked the ADODC control to an Access .mdb file.

> I've placed two data-bound text boxes on the form linked to the ADODC
> control and the
> specific field within the datbase I'm interested.

> I can navigate just fine using the control's built MoveLast, First, Next,
> Previous "buttons", but
> it I change and of the data in the text box and attemp to move away from
it
> via the control,
> I get the "Operation must use and updateable query" error message.

> I've messed about with all the sharing options under the "Advanced" tab of
> the Connection
> string dialog box without sucess.

> Can someone provide a hint for me?  Searching the MSDN help files didn't
> find me anything
> useful.

> A clue would be vastly appreciated.

> adTHANKSvance!

> Simeon

Sun, 08 May 2005 15:27:05 GMT

1. "must use updateable query" Question

2. Operation must use an updateable query. Error 3073

3. mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query

4. Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"

5. Does .net cause the error "Operation must use an updateable query" ?

6. Equivalent "FindNext" operation using RDO

7. DOCVARIABLE not "updateable" (F9)

8. Export "Query Text" using VBA

9. Update Query "Not Updatable" Error

10. trap "#Error" in query

11. Operation must use an updateable query.

12. 0x80004005 Operation must use an updateable query