Access 2000 "Required" Field Problem
Author Message
 Access 2000 "Required" Field Problem

I am experiencing difficulties in trying to change the "Required" property
of the field definition for a field in a Jet Access 2000 database from "Yes"
to "No" programmatically from within VB.
The reason for attempting to do this is that I want the Database to accept
"NULL" values.
So far, I have tried using the "ALTER" SQL Statement, using the execute
method of the ADO Connection object;

    "ALTER TABLE daily ALTER COLUMN AFdate datetime NULL "

This works when I use the exact same phrase from within VB for SQL Server,
but not access.
I have also tried setting the ADOX Column "Nullable" property to False, but
I get the error;

    "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
status value, if available. No work was         done."  (error
code -2147217887)

Can anyone help?

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:36:29 GMT

1. Any "Visual" experience with required fields

2. Problem accessing field using "!"

3. Access 2000 Error - "Application Defined Error"

4. Access 2000, "module not found"

5. VB6 - Access 2000 - "Unrecognized Database Format"

6. "Disappearing" Records in Access 2000

7. Access 2000 and "Unrecognized Database"

8. "Disappearing" Records in Access 2000

9. Problem with the keuword "Me", help required

10. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"

11. Accessing "autonumber" fields in ADO

12. Accessing "autonumber" fields in ADO