PLEASE HELP --- Recordset paging with ADO
Author Message
 PLEASE HELP --- Recordset paging with ADO

Hi!
I want to know from which version of ADO the properties rs.pagesize |
rs.pagecount | rs.absolutepage are implemented.
I ask this because i've been developed an ASP website and when i put my
pages to the provider (NT 4 and ASP 2) it doesn't work correctly... (Error:
Class not registered)

This code doesn't work:

    set rs=SERVER.CreateObject("AdoDB.Recordset")
    rs.PageSize = 20
    rs.CacheSize = 20
    rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    rs.Open Query, Conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly, 1

Also this code doesn't work:

    set rs=SERVER.CreateObject("AdoDB.Recordset")
    rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    rs.Open Query, Conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly, 1

Insted this code work correctly:

    set rs=SERVER.CreateObject("AdoDB.Recordset")
    rs.Open Query, Conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly, 1

It seems that the recordset object doesn't accept properties between
CreateObject and Open.
I need absolutely the property CursorLocation and the others properties for
paging recordsets

How I can implement a recordset paging if the server doesn't support these
properties???

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Michele Massari

PS: Sorry for my bad english!!!!

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:52:34 GMT
 PLEASE HELP --- Recordset paging with ADO
Did you check the CursorLocation and CursorType handle Page and cache size?
I think that's your problem, try this

rs.CursorLocation = 3
rs.CursorType = 3

Hope it helps

Iori

Quote:
> Hi!
> I want to know from which version of ADO the properties rs.pagesize |
> rs.pagecount | rs.absolutepage are implemented.
> I ask this because i've been developed an ASP website and when i put my
> pages to the provider (NT 4 and ASP 2) it doesn't work correctly...
(Error:
> Class not registered)

> This code doesn't work:

>     set rs=SERVER.CreateObject("AdoDB.Recordset")
>     rs.PageSize = 20
>     rs.CacheSize = 20
>     rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
>     rs.Open Query, Conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly, 1

> Also this code doesn't work:

>     set rs=SERVER.CreateObject("AdoDB.Recordset")
>     rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
>     rs.Open Query, Conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly, 1

> Insted this code work correctly:

>     set rs=SERVER.CreateObject("AdoDB.Recordset")
>     rs.Open Query, Conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly, 1

> It seems that the recordset object doesn't accept properties between
> CreateObject and Open.
> I need absolutely the property CursorLocation and the others properties
for
> paging recordsets

> How I can implement a recordset paging if the server doesn't support these
> properties???

> THANK YOU VERY MUCH

> Michele Massari

> PS: Sorry for my bad english!!!!

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 05:22:12 GMT
 PLEASE HELP --- Recordset paging with ADO
Please post the errors you are getting, if any, setting those properties
prior to opening your recordset. You should be able to do exactly what
you're trying to do in the first two examples.

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData
reserved.

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:11:48 GMT

2. HELP: Updateable ADO Recordset in ASP Page

3. Please Help with ADO recordset ???

4. HELP please - ADO recordset error

5. Using ado to create record from Recordset Images Please help

6. Please Help ado recordset

7. ADO recordset problem - Please Help

8. Need help passing SQL Statement to Next and Previous pages for Recordset Paging

9. Any ADO help please please help sir

10. Open ADO recordset on another ADO recordset - possible?

11. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

12. ADO->MySQL And Recordset Paging