Error creating dataset from stored procedure with temp table
Author Message
 Error creating dataset from stored procedure with temp table

Hi,

Try to add SET NOCOUNT ON as a very first statement in your stored
procedure. It should help

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> I am creating a dataset using the VS.NET IDE. When I try
> to create a dataset from a stored procedure that selects
> data from a temp table, I get the following error:

> "Retrieving the schema for SQLDataAdapter1 failed.

> Invalid Object name '#temptable' "

> I am new to ADO.NET and still trying to figure it out.
> This is sorta perplexing :-). The stored procedure works
> fine and returns a valid cursor. Does anybody know whats
> going on here? Is this a bug in ADO.NET or something?

Sun, 08 May 2005 21:00:55 GMT
 Error creating dataset from stored procedure with temp table
Already did that. The problem isn't that I get an empty
dataset...the problem is an error that is thrown by
ADO .NET when I try to fill the dataset.

Quote:

Mon, 09 May 2005 02:00:47 GMT
 Error creating dataset from stored procedure with temp table
Hi,

Could you post your code, which calls SP?

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Already did that. The problem isn't that I get an empty
> dataset...the problem is an error that is thrown by
> ADO .NET when I try to fill the dataset.

Mon, 09 May 2005 20:49:16 GMT

1. Create a TEMP table with Stored procedures (Oracle)

2. Create a TEMP table with Stored procedures (Oracle)

3. TEMP table with Stored procedures (Oracle)

4. creating temporary table inside VB and call from Stored Procedure

5. Auto create database, table, stored procedure

6. Stored Procedure with temporary table error in dataadapter

7. Case Statment in Stored Procedure Creates ADO Error

8. dataset vs stored procedure

9. Opening an ADO recordset against a dataset returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure

10. Code/Stored Procedure to auto populate tables from main table

11. To Stored Procedure or not to stored procedure

12. To stored procedure or not to stored procedure