adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure
Author Message
 adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure

Hello

I have a form which includes an adodc thing which I call adoBorgarnes. A
piece of code looks a bit like this:

adoBorgarnes.Refresh
Set rsAS400 = adoBorgarnes.Recordset

When it comes to adoBorgarnes.Refresh, then I receive an error saying:
"Catastrophic failure"
 followed by:
Run-time error '-2147418113'  Method 'Refresh' of object 'IAdodc' failed.

The strange thing is that if I close the project and open it again, this
error doesn't occur.

Can anyone help me?

If I haven't been clear enough about the problem, then ask me some questions
for me to make things clearer.

regards
Elas

Mon, 23 May 2005 22:12:14 GMT
 adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure
Hi,

Do you have any opened transactions? Which version of ADO do you have
installed on your PC?

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hello

> I have a form which includes an adodc thing which I call adoBorgarnes. A
> piece of code looks a bit like this:

> adoBorgarnes.Refresh
> Set rsAS400 = adoBorgarnes.Recordset

> When it comes to adoBorgarnes.Refresh, then I receive an error saying:
> "Catastrophic failure"
>  followed by:
> Run-time error '-2147418113'  Method 'Refresh' of object 'IAdodc' failed.

> The strange thing is that if I close the project and open it again, this
> error doesn't occur.

> Can anyone help me?

> If I haven't been clear enough about the problem, then ask me some
questions
> for me to make things clearer.

> regards
> Elas

Mon, 23 May 2005 22:25:48 GMT
 adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure
I'm using VB 6 and ADO Data Control, Version 6.0

The program I'm making is (supposed to be) very simple. It's supposed to
read data from Access and write it to DB2 on AS400. Therefore I have another
adodc for the Access data.

I'm not quite sure, but I think I see a pattern in which the error occurs
(it doesn't always occur). I think that the error occurs when the table
adoBorgarnes connects to, is empty.

Elas Ptursson
Ax-Business Intelligence
Iceland

Quote:
> Hi,

> Do you have any opened transactions? Which version of ADO do you have
> installed on your PC?

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

> > Hello

> > I have a form which includes an adodc thing which I call adoBorgarnes. A
> > piece of code looks a bit like this:

> > adoBorgarnes.Refresh
> > Set rsAS400 = adoBorgarnes.Recordset

> > When it comes to adoBorgarnes.Refresh, then I receive an error saying:
> > "Catastrophic failure"
> >  followed by:
> > Run-time error '-2147418113'  Method 'Refresh' of object 'IAdodc'
failed.

> > The strange thing is that if I close the project and open it again, this
> > error doesn't occur.

> > Can anyone help me?

> > If I haven't been clear enough about the problem, then ask me some
> questions
> > for me to make things clearer.

> > regards
> > Elas

Mon, 23 May 2005 23:12:37 GMT
 adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure
But which ADO version, not ADODC control do you have?

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> I'm using VB 6 and ADO Data Control, Version 6.0

> The program I'm making is (supposed to be) very simple. It's supposed to
> read data from Access and write it to DB2 on AS400. Therefore I have
another
> adodc for the Access data.

> I'm not quite sure, but I think I see a pattern in which the error occurs
> (it doesn't always occur). I think that the error occurs when the table
> adoBorgarnes connects to, is empty.

> Elas Ptursson
> Ax-Business Intelligence
> Iceland
>

> > Hi,

> > Do you have any opened transactions? Which version of ADO do you have
> > installed on your PC?

> > --
> > Val Mazur
> > Microsoft MVP

> > > Hello

> > > I have a form which includes an adodc thing which I call adoBorgarnes.
> > > piece of code looks a bit like this:

> > > adoBorgarnes.Refresh
> > > Set rsAS400 = adoBorgarnes.Recordset

> > > When it comes to adoBorgarnes.Refresh, then I receive an error saying:
> > > "Catastrophic failure"
> > >  followed by:
> > > Run-time error '-2147418113'  Method 'Refresh' of object 'IAdodc'
> failed.

> > > The strange thing is that if I close the project and open it again,
this
> > > error doesn't occur.

> > > Can anyone help me?

> > > If I haven't been clear enough about the problem, then ask me some
> > questions
> > > for me to make things clearer.

> > > regards
> > > Elas

Mon, 23 May 2005 23:31:51 GMT
 adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure
Well, ... as embarassing as it is.... I'm not sure how to find out.....

Elas Ptursson
Ax-Business Intelligence
Iceland

Quote:
> But which ADO version, not ADODC control do you have?

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

> > I'm using VB 6 and ADO Data Control, Version 6.0

> > The program I'm making is (supposed to be) very simple. It's supposed to
> > read data from Access and write it to DB2 on AS400. Therefore I have
> another
> > adodc for the Access data.

> > I'm not quite sure, but I think I see a pattern in which the error
occurs
> > (it doesn't always occur). I think that the error occurs when the table
> > adoBorgarnes connects to, is empty.

> > Elas Ptursson
> > Ax-Business Intelligence
> > Iceland
> >

> > > Hi,

> > > Do you have any opened transactions? Which version of ADO do you have
> > > installed on your PC?

> > > --
> > > Val Mazur
> > > Microsoft MVP

> > failed.

> this

> > > questions

Mon, 23 May 2005 23:55:41 GMT
 adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure
Quick way is to go to Project/References menu option inside VB. You will see
list of references. Try to find Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.X library.
2.X is an version of installed ADO. You could see multiple of them.
Also, do you open any transactions?

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Well, ... as embarassing as it is.... I'm not sure how to find out.....

> Elas Ptursson
> Ax-Business Intelligence
> Iceland
>

> > But which ADO version, not ADODC control do you have?

> > --
> > Val Mazur
> > Microsoft MVP

> > > I'm using VB 6 and ADO Data Control, Version 6.0

> > > The program I'm making is (supposed to be) very simple. It's supposed
> > > read data from Access and write it to DB2 on AS400. Therefore I have
> > another
> > > adodc for the Access data.

> > > I'm not quite sure, but I think I see a pattern in which the error
> occurs
> > > (it doesn't always occur). I think that the error occurs when the
table
> > > adoBorgarnes connects to, is empty.

> > > Elas Ptursson
> > > Ax-Business Intelligence
> > > Iceland

> adoBorgarnes.

> saying:
> > > failed.

> > this

Tue, 24 May 2005 00:08:48 GMT
 adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure
I have Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library and Microsoft DAO 3.6
Object Library also.

I do not open any transaction through this object, but I do read from Access
through another object before I try this refresh method. I can send you the
code if you like... it's a very small program, but it's giving me a hard
time sometimes (I'm also not very experienced VB programmer).

Regards
Elas Ptursson
Ax-Business Intelligence
Iceland

Quote:
> Quick way is to go to Project/References menu option inside VB. You will
see
> list of references. Try to find Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.X
library.
> 2.X is an version of installed ADO. You could see multiple of them.
> Also, do you open any transactions?

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

> > Well, ... as embarassing as it is.... I'm not sure how to find out.....

> > Elas Ptursson
> > Ax-Business Intelligence
> > Iceland
> >

> > > But which ADO version, not ADODC control do you have?

> > > --
> > > Val Mazur
> > > Microsoft MVP

> > > another

> > occurs
> table

> have

> > adoBorgarnes.

> > saying:

> again,
> > > this

Tue, 24 May 2005 17:43:37 GMT
 adodc.refresh - Catastrophic failure
OK. Zip it and e-mail to me. Do not forget to add database as well

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> I have Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library and Microsoft DAO 3.6
> Object Library also.

> I do not open any transaction through this object, but I do read from
Access
> through another object before I try this refresh method. I can send you
the
> code if you like... it's a very small program, but it's giving me a hard
> time sometimes (I'm also not very experienced VB programmer).

> Regards
> Elas Ptursson
> Ax-Business Intelligence
> Iceland
>

> > Quick way is to go to Project/References menu option inside VB. You will
> see
> > list of references. Try to find Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.X
> library.
> > 2.X is an version of installed ADO. You could see multiple of them.
> > Also, do you open any transactions?

> > --
> > Val Mazur
> > Microsoft MVP

> > > Well, ... as embarassing as it is.... I'm not sure how to find
out.....

> > > Elas Ptursson
> > > Ax-Business Intelligence
> > > Iceland

> supposed

> > > occurs
> > table

> > have

> > > adoBorgarnes.

> > > saying:
> 'IAdodc'

> > again,

> some

Tue, 24 May 2005 20:28:11 GMT

1. Automation Error - Catastrophic Failure?!?!?!

2. Catastrophic Failure (?)

3. Automation Error Catastrophic Failure saving form

4. system error - catastrophic failure

5. "Bad Security Attribute": Catastrophic Failure

6. Getting a "Catastrophic Failure" error

7. Catastrophic failure

8. IIS Catastrophic failure

9. Catastrophic Failure

10. Catastrophic Failure!