ADO Command object and MSShape commands
Author Message
 ADO Command object and MSShape commands

I am using a Shape command to build a data report.  I am
using a command object to set the commandtext (the shape
command) and parameters (there are two) and then to
execute to create a resulting recordset for the data
report.  There is one grouping the the hierarchial
command.  This runs great for Oracle.  However when
running against SQL Server I keep getting an error every
time I try to execute the command for SQL Server:

"Connection is busy with results for another hstmt"

I know I have the command and connection object set up
correctly of it would not run for the Oracle database.

Here is the shape command:

SHAPE {SELECT DISTINCT GSUSER, RPT_TYPE FROM Z_REPORT
WHERE (GSUSER = ?) AND (RPT_TYPE IN ( ? ))} AS
IntegrityReportGroup APPEND ({SELECT Z_REPORT.* FROM
Z_REPORT ORDER BY ROWSERIALNO} AS IntegrityReportDetail
RELATE 'GSUSER' TO 'GSUSER','RPT_TYPE' TO 'RPT_TYPE') AS
IntegrityReportDetail

The second parameter may be one or more and I have the
code programmitically adding additional ?'s as needed.
Again, this works great in Oracle.

Any ideas what I need to do to get this shape command to
run under a command object for SQL Server?

Thanks,
Cammy

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:14:28 GMT

1. Using the ADO Command Object to send an Execute command

2. ADO Command Object using Multiple Connection Objects

3. Sending command to a FoxPro database using ADODB.Command Object

4. Setting the recordset for a form with an ADO command object

5. Setting the ActiveConnection property of a Command Object (ADO 2.7)

6. Passing variables to an ADO Command or RecordSet Object in another frame

7. connection problem with ADO command object ......

8. Command Object Problem in ADO

9. Parameterized SQL statements with ADO.Command object

10. ADO Parent Command Object Woes

11. ADO command object connection

12. Read/Write recordsets from ADO command objects