checking if the user is in a Role
Author Message
 checking if the user is in a Role

How do I go about checking if a user is a member of a SQL server role.
I know there is a T-SQL command (IS_MEMBER) but I don't know how to
call that from an ADO recordset. I can get that to work from the Query
Analyzer

Thanks
Tony

--
Tony Wilhelm
Microsoft Access MCP

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Checking COM+ Role membership.

2. Role-Based Security Using User's Windows Account Info Not Working Under Win9x

3. Enumerating a users roles.

4. Users, Groups & Roles

5. Get list of users belonging to COM+ role?

6. Getting SQL Sever User Role Information

7. How can I get Role for Current User from SQL Server using VB6 ADO connection

8. roles / users and application design question

9. Having problems adding a user in a role

10. Programmatically determine a users membership in COM+ roles.

11. Programmatically determine a users membership in COM+ roles.

12. How do I check if a user is a member of a Local or global group or a "role" memeber