ADO 2.7 and References
Author Message
 ADO 2.7 and References

Every time you update ADO on the developer's machine, it adds a new entry
under the list of References. By now I have entries that range from ADO 2.1,
2.2, 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7.  The application we have was tested with ADO 2.5. Now
I need to make modifications to it after about a year or so. Do i change the
Reference to newer version (let's say ADO 2.7?) or leave it at 2.5.

Thanks.

Chet/

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:30:36 GMT
 ADO 2.7 and References
As far as the machine (on which the application is running) had the
compatible ADO version you ned not to modify anything. Appl is using ADO 2.5
and running fine? You are not using anything from 2.7? Do not change to
avoid the overhead.
HTH
Ashok Gupta

Quote:
> Every time you update ADO on the developer's machine, it adds a new entry
> under the list of References. By now I have entries that range from ADO
2.1,
> 2.2, 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7.  The application we have was tested with ADO 2.5.
Now
> I need to make modifications to it after about a year or so. Do i change
the
> Reference to newer version (let's say ADO 2.7?) or leave it at 2.5.

> Thanks.

> Chet/

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:51:22 GMT
 ADO 2.7 and References
Chet,

It is up to you and you do not need to do that, but if you will change
reference to 2.7, then client will require 2.7 as well. If you will use 2.5,
then client require 2.5 or newer (2.6 or 2.7) version of it

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Every time you update ADO on the developer's machine, it adds a new entry
> under the list of References. By now I have entries that range from ADO
2.1,
> 2.2, 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7.  The application we have was tested with ADO 2.5.
Now
> I need to make modifications to it after about a year or so. Do i change
the
> Reference to newer version (let's say ADO 2.7?) or leave it at 2.5.

> Thanks.

> Chet/

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:58:45 GMT

1. Datagrid with ADO 2.7

2. ADO 2.7 in VB.NET

3. Setting the ActiveConnection property of a Command Object (ADO 2.7)

4. ADO 2.7 recordset binding

5. ADO 2.7 in VB.NET

6. using ADO 2.7 on Windows 95 machine

7. ADO 2.7 in VB.NET

8. ado 2.7

9. ADO 2.7 mishandling Identity fields

10. ADO 2.7 Libary Question?

11. Question Ado 2.7 Field Object , Vb6.0

12. error ado 2.7