fETCHING bACKWARDS...aGAIN.
Author Message
 fETCHING bACKWARDS...aGAIN.

Sorry for the redundant question, but all the posts I could find on this are
no longer available.
I'm getting an error -2147217884  Rowset does not support fetching
backwards.  (or something very close to that.)
What do I need to do to fix this?

thanks,
Jade

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:42:30 GMT
 fETCHING bACKWARDS...aGAIN.
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:42:30 -0600, "Jade Jacobsen"

Quote:

>Sorry for the redundant question, but all the posts I could find on this are
>no longer available.
>I'm getting an error -2147217884  Rowset does not support fetching
>backwards.  (or something very close to that.)
>What do I need to do to fix this?

>thanks,
>Jade

What sort of cursor are you using? If you don't know, you are probably
using a forward-only cursor which is usually the default.

If Cn is your connection, and Rs a recordset, open the recordset with
a statement like this:

Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTable", Cn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

Richard.

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:04:16 GMT
 fETCHING bACKWARDS...aGAIN.
Richard,
        rst.CursorLocation = adUseClient
        rst.Open Trim$(QSL), cnn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:56:16 GMT
 fETCHING bACKWARDS...aGAIN.
Richard,

I have 2 projects that have the same module in them.  Being the genius that
I am, I changed the wrong one.
Works fine now.

Quote:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:42:30 -0600, "Jade Jacobsen"

> >Sorry for the redundant question, but all the posts I could find on this
are
> >no longer available.
> >I'm getting an error -2147217884  Rowset does not support fetching
> >backwards.  (or something very close to that.)
> >What do I need to do to fix this?

> >thanks,
> >Jade

> What sort of cursor are you using? If you don't know, you are probably
> using a forward-only cursor which is usually the default.

> If Cn is your connection, and Rs a recordset, open the recordset with
> a statement like this:

> Rs.Open "SELECT * FROM MyTable", Cn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

> Richard.

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:05:42 GMT

1. Fetching Backwards Again, more info

2. ADo Control cannot fetch backwards . Urgent

3. VBA on again off again

4. Printer object again and again

5. Again and Again, Bold text in a Listview

6. How to loop backwards ?

7. Input from File - backwards

8. iterating through a collection backwards

9. How to search backwards till start of doc?

10. Backwards Compatibility

11. Localizability and Language settings for backwards compatability..

12. backwards compatability