How do I register MSADODC.OCX
Author Message
 How do I register MSADODC.OCX

I have written a simple VB6 program that uses an ADO Data Control.

My problem is that I can't install it properly on another machine.

I have tried both the VB Setup Wizard and InstallShield but although
the installation completes successfully, I get an error when I try to
run the program.

Installed with InstallShield I get the error message:

Component MSADODC.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly
registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Installed with the VB Setup Wizard, I get the error message:

Run-time error 429
ActiveX component can't create object.

OK what am I doing wrong.

I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me out here.

Cheers,

Pete.

PS I had high hopes of fixing this problem after reading the following
message but after installing DCOM98, I still got the same error.

Hi Kevin,

this error can occur on Windows 9x when you don't install DCOM95 or
DCOM98.
Have a look at

PRB: Unable to Load File to Register It During Setup
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Hope this helps
Ralf

Quote:
> I have written a simple DB program using VB 6.0. I used ADO and it runs
> great on machines with VB already loaded. But, while running the setup
> wizard to install my program on a machine without VB, it tells me that is
> can't open the msdadc.dll file, to register it. Setup will finich loading,
> but when I attempt to then run it. I get a '429' Error. (Active X
component
> can't create object)
> I made sure the msdadc.dll file is where it needs to be, but I think there
> is somthing else wrong.

> Thank you for your help!
>    Kevin

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I register MSADODC.OCX
Hi,

Do you have ADO installed correctly on the machine?  Check to see if
MDAC_TYPE.EXE is included in your PDW setup...

Also check out the MSADODC.dep file.  This should be in your windows\system
directory...  If it isn't then the PDW isn't picking up these
dependencies...  Below is a snippet...

; Dependency file for setup wizards.

[Version]
Version=6.0.84.18

; Dependencies for msadodc.ocx

; Default Dependencies ----------------------------------------------

[msadodc.ocx]
Dest=$(WinSysPath)
Register=$(DLLSelfRegister)
Version=6.0.84.18
Uses1=MSStdFmt.dll
Uses2=ComCat.dll
Uses3=
CABFileName=MSADODC.cab
CABDefaultURL=http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6
CABINFFile=MSADODC.inf

If you think that ADO is correctly installed on the user's workstation then
what h

Quote:

> I have written a simple VB6 program that uses an ADO Data Control.

> My problem is that I can't install it properly on another machine.

> I have tried both the VB Setup Wizard and InstallShield but although
> the installation completes successfully, I get an error when I try to
> run the program.

> Installed with InstallShield I get the error message:

> Component MSADODC.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly
> registered: a file is missing or invalid.

> Installed with the VB Setup Wizard, I get the error message:

> Run-time error 429
> ActiveX component can't create object.

> OK what am I doing wrong.

> I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me out here.

> Cheers,

> Pete.

> PS I had high hopes of fixing this problem after reading the following
> message but after installing DCOM98, I still got the same error.

> Hi Kevin,

> this error can occur on Windows 9x when you don't install DCOM95 or
> DCOM98.
> Have a look at

> PRB: Unable to Load File to Register It During Setup
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q191/7/04.asp

> Hope this helps
> Ralf

> > I have written a simple DB program using VB 6.0. I used ADO and it runs
> > great on machines with VB already loaded. But, while running the setup
> > wizard to install my program on a machine without VB, it tells me that
is
> > can't open the msdadc.dll file, to register it. Setup will finich
> > but when I attempt to then run it. I get a '429' Error. (Active X
> component
> > can't create object)
> > I made sure the msdadc.dll file is where it needs to be, but I think
there
> > is somthing else wrong.

> > Thank you for your help!
> >    Kevin

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I register MSADODC.OCX
Thanks kawenzel,

I have done what you suggested and wow! it works.

I didn't know that you had to install ADO on the machine.

This makes installation of my program a bit awkward for my customers
but what can you do.

Thanks once again,

Pete.

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I register MSADODC.OCX

Quote:
> Hi,

> Do you have ADO installed correctly on the machine?  Check to see if
> MDAC_TYPE.EXE is included in your PDW setup...

> Also check out the MSADODC.dep file.  This should be in your windows\system
> directory...  If it isn't then the PDW isn't picking up these
> dependencies...  Below is a snippet...

> ; Dependency file for setup wizards.

> [Version]
> Version=6.0.84.18

> ; Dependencies for msadodc.ocx

> ; Default Dependencies ----------------------------------------------

> [msadodc.ocx]
> Dest=$(WinSysPath)
> Register=$(DLLSelfRegister)
> Version=6.0.84.18
> Uses1=MSStdFmt.dll
> Uses2=ComCat.dll
> Uses3=
> CABFileName=MSADODC.cab
> CABDefaultURL=http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6
> CABINFFile=MSADODC.inf

If I use PDW, i get the error saying that it's unable to register
$(DLLSelfRegister). How do I get rid of that?

        mike

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I register MSADODC.OCX
If you use the package and deployment wizard of VB6, msdac_type is
automatically included in teh setup.

Berthil

Quote:

> Thanks kawenzel,

> I have done what you suggested and wow! it works.

> I didn't know that you had to install ADO on the machine.

> This makes installation of my program a bit awkward for my customers
> but what can you do.

> Thanks once again,

> Pete.

Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Register problems, VB Setup dont register HTML.OCX, cant load or register

2. MSADODC.OCX could not be loaded

3. msadodc.ocx

4. Unable to load MSADODC.OCX

5. I can't load msadodc.ocx componant

6. MSADODC.OCX Could not be loaded

7. Can't load MSADODC.OCX File

8. Canot load MSADODC.OCX

9. Cannot load MSADODC.OCX

10. Need msadodc.ocx Installing MDAC doesnt help

11. MSADODC.OCX could not be loaded

12. Problem loading MSADODC.OCX