Connection reuse
Author Message
 Connection reuse

 I am using Oracle, MTS, VB.

Oracle has something called V$Session. It provides a mechanism to store
connection specific data.

 This is neat because then and stroed procedures / triggers can
access this information and incorporate it in whatever they do.

You set Data in V$Session by some Stored Procedures layed on by Oracle.

 Here is my question:

I want to set data in V$Session Data at the beginning of a Transaction
and Reset it at the end if the Transaction.

Is there any way that I be guaranteed that all ADO connections used
within a transaction will use the same connection?

If this is not possible, is there a way that I can hook in to do pre /
post processing with all connections that are dispensed?

Thanks

 --
Jack Stephenson

Sr Systems Analyst
EDS Canada

Sun, 24 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Connection reuse
Jack
in ADO, Transaction is a property of a Connection, so I don't think you can
span a transaction accross multiple connections.

Dean

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Connection Reuse

2. Connection Reuse

3. Reusing ADO connections in HTA applications

4. Unable to reuse ADO.Recordset connection using VBA script in Excel

5. Reuse application-level connection object

6. Reusing Connection objects with MSDAIPP

7. Question re: reusing the same ADODB.Connection in my VB app

8. Unclear on Reuse of Connection & Recordset Objects

9. How to reuse code in Access ?

10. Reuse of Code OCX?

11. Reusing query results in VB

12. Reusing VBA/Access Forms thru DAO/ODBC/ADO