Determine if a ADO-Connection is in a Transaction
Author Message
 Determine if a ADO-Connection is in a Transaction

I have a problem with determining whether a connection to a Microsoft SQL
Server 7.0 using ADO is in a transaction.

E.g. you will get an error if you run RollbackTrans on a connection not in a
transaction.

Is there any property I can use??

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Birk
Synoptik A/S, Denmark

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Determine if a ADO-Connection is in a Transaction

I think (but I never used it) the following must should work
dim rs as  new adodb.recordset

if not rs.eof then
    debug.print rs(0)
else
    debug.print err.number...

Quote:
>I have a problem with determining whether a connection to a Microsoft SQL
>Server 7.0 using ADO is in a transaction.

>E.g. you will get an error if you run RollbackTrans on a connection not in
>transaction.

>Is there any property I can use??

>Thanks in advance,
>Thomas Birk
>Synoptik A/S, Denmark

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Connection Transaction vs. ObjectContext Transaction

2. ADO: Determine open transaction + DED command ignors Locktype, CursorType and CursorLocation

3. ADO Connection (resource) pooling with COM+ transactions

4. Any ADO Connection Property to check if A transaction is Open

5. how to check ado connection transaction status???

6. ADO Connection (resource) pooling with COM+ transactions

7. Transaction server and ADO connection.

8. Using ADO to determine active connections to MDB file

9. ADODB TRANSACTION ADO ERROR No Transaction is Active

10. ADODB TRANSACTION ADO ERROR No Transaction is Active

11. ADOConnection.Transaction vs. ObjectContext.Transaction

12. When to use MTS transactions and ADO Transactions