Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing
Author Message
 Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing

Hallo

have RS with sql :
SELECT A.EMT_ID,A.LOGIN, B.EMT_PIN, C.EDT_ID,
C.EDT_SURNAME,C.EDT_FIRSTNAME,A.ADMIN,A.PERSONALISTIC FROM [USER] AS A LEFT
JOIN EMPLOYEE_MAIN_EMT AS B ON A.EMT_ID = B.EMT_ID JOIN EMPLOYEE_DETAILS_EDT
AS C ON B.EMT_EMPLOYE_ID = C.EMT_EMPLOYE_ID WHERE A.EMT_ID= EMT_ID

which returns one row
When I try to update RS with RS.UPDATE, message in subject appears. Really
dont know why it dont know key - all keys in all used tables are listed
(EMT_ID, EDT_ID, EMPLOYE_ID)....have read a lot about this error message,
but no help for my example

dont you know whats wrong?

thank you

Sat, 07 May 2005 05:01:35 GMT
 Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing
Hi,

It means that provider cannot build proper UPDATE/INSERT SQL statements
based on your query. Try to set Unique Table dynamic property to the name of
*main* (I think it is USER ) table

MyRecordset.Properties("Unique Table").Value="USER"

if it does not help, then probably you would need to build UPDATE and INSERT
statements separately and execute them for each changed/inserted record

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hallo

> have RS with sql :
> SELECT A.EMT_ID,A.LOGIN, B.EMT_PIN, C.EDT_ID,
> C.EDT_SURNAME,C.EDT_FIRSTNAME,A.ADMIN,A.PERSONALISTIC FROM [USER] AS A
LEFT
> JOIN EMPLOYEE_MAIN_EMT AS B ON A.EMT_ID = B.EMT_ID JOIN

EMPLOYEE_DETAILS_EDT
Quote:
> AS C ON B.EMT_EMPLOYE_ID = C.EMT_EMPLOYE_ID WHERE A.EMT_ID= EMT_ID

> which returns one row
> When I try to update RS with RS.UPDATE, message in subject appears. Really
> dont know why it dont know key - all keys in all used tables are listed
> (EMT_ID, EDT_ID, EMPLOYE_ID)....have read a lot about this error message,
> but no help for my example

> dont you know whats wrong?

> thank you

Sat, 07 May 2005 21:04:57 GMT

1. Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing.

2. Adodc error:Insufficient Key Column Information for Updating or Refreshing

3. Error:Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing

4. Adodc error:Insufficient Key Column Information for Updating or Refreshing

5. Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing.

6. Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing

7. Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing

8. ERROR : Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing

9. Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing

10. Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing

11. Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing

12. Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing.