ADO DataControl and updates.
Author Message
 ADO DataControl and updates.

Anyone,

    I set the recordsource of an ADO data control to a SQL 7 query. The
control is the data source for the fields of a form. When I type into
the fields and then do .update the results are reflected in the SQL
table. When I try to stuff a field directly i.e.
ADODC.recordset.field("Name").value = "Jimmy" and do the .update it
doesn't take in the SQL table. Anybody know why?

James Lattanzio

Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:57:57 GMT
 ADO DataControl and updates.
Hi James,

If you bind the filed to a Text box, it will always use the value in the
Text box to update the recordset. If you want to update the field manully ,
you can temporarily unbind the field and bind it again after updating.

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:17:03 GMT

1. updating wrong recordset using Datacontrol?

2. DataControl..Update database type question

3. DBGrid Update from a second Datacontrol?

4. DataControl On Line Update with SQL Passthrough

5. Requery/Update/Datacontrol ?

6. How do I disable the auto update of the DataControl

7. Update DataControl

8. ADO datacontrol question

9. ADO DataControl + DataGrid Control

10. Connecting ADO Datacontrol and Datagrid to Foxpro Table

11. ADO Datacontrol and Access password

12. Q:Sorting A Grid Bound To A Ado DataControl Using A Parameter'd Stored Procedure