ADO fields limitation
Author Message
 ADO fields limitation

Hi to all,
I wonder is there any limitation in the number of fields
in one ADO recordset. I got database (dbf) that has more
then 255 fields per table, but when I loop through fields
collection:

    strSQL = "SELECT * FROM 200303"
    Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
    cn.ConnectionString
= "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=C:\Documents and Settings\igor\My Documents\!
igor\assessment files;Extended Properties=DBASE III"
    Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
    cn.Open
    rs.Open strSQL, cn
    i = 1
    For Each item In rs.Fields
        Debug.Print i & " " & item.Name
        i = i + 1
    Next
    rs.Close
    Set rs=Nothing
    cn.Close
    Set cn = Nothing

it stops on 255th.
Any idea?

Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:55:01 GMT
 ADO fields limitation
Hi,

It could be limitation of Jet 4.0 provider

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi to all,
> I wonder is there any limitation in the number of fields
> in one ADO recordset. I got database (dbf) that has more
> then 255 fields per table, but when I loop through fields
> collection:

>     strSQL = "SELECT * FROM 200303"
>     Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
>     cn.ConnectionString
> = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
> Source=C:\Documents and Settings\igor\My Documents\!
> igor\assessment files;Extended Properties=DBASE III"
>     Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
>     cn.Open
>     rs.Open strSQL, cn
>     i = 1
>     For Each item In rs.Fields
>         Debug.Print i & " " & item.Name
>         i = i + 1
>     Next
>     rs.Close
>     Set rs=Nothing
>     cn.Close
>     Set cn = Nothing

> it stops on 255th.
> Any idea?

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:58:58 GMT

1. HELP: Fields limitation in VB3

2. How to work arround the limitation of string fields

3. limitations in fields count ???

4. ADO Limitations?

5. ADO/Combo box limitations

6. ADO Row Size Limitation?

7. ADO String Limitation.

8. ado 2.6 stream limitation?

9. ADO how to determine if a access database field is a primary key field

10. ADO Finding Highest Number in ADO Recordset field?

11. ADO Date Fields (ADO 2.1, VB 6, Oracle 8)