Setting encoding for XML in ADO?
Author Message
 Setting encoding for XML in ADO?

Hi,

Does anyone know what encoding ADO uses when you save a recordset as XML? Is
it possible to set the encoding?

I'm creating XML from a recordset but high-ascii characters becomes garbled
(like ?, ?, ?).

Another problem I'm having is making HTML (stored in the database) get
through the XML-->XSL-->HTML process and render correctly in the browser.
ADO encodes < > as 1&#x3c; and &#x3e; A completly new format to me...

Thanks,
Jonas

Mon, 27 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using ADO to store settings in an XML file

2. XML and character encoding

3. xmldoc.xml & string = bstr / Problem with encoding

4. xmldoc.xml & string = bstr / Problem with encoding

5. xml-encode?

6. base64 encoding in XML (in eVB)

7. HELP - Setting encoding of Message subject in CDO 2000 to windows-1251 (or koi8-r)

8. Set the encoding of a Web Browser control

9. ASCII encoding and character sets...

10. Encoded Scripts (VBE) Running in a Korean Set OS

11. Set the encoding of a Web Browser control

12. HELP - Setting encoding of Message subject in CDO 2000 to windows-1251 (or koi8-r)