Date Security ?
Author Message
 Date Security ?

Using Access or Oracle with Visual Basic 6.0 for an Invoice Application, I
need to restrict user to enter only Invoices for today and not for tomorrow
or yesterday, but the problem is if the user change the windows system date
to yesterday or tomorrow, then he can do any thing with the entries he done
yesterday and such security is invalid, how can I make such restriction of
today's date, any idea please, so that user could not do anything except in
today's date.

Best Regards,

Luqman

Sat, 07 May 2005 03:39:34 GMT
 Date Security ?
Luqman,

Only way I see is to save some sort of curent date in database at the end of
the day or some other way. Then check what is *todays* date in database.

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Using Access or Oracle with Visual Basic 6.0 for an Invoice Application, I
> need to restrict user to enter only Invoices for today and not for
tomorrow
> or yesterday, but the problem is if the user change the windows system
date
> to yesterday or tomorrow, then he can do any thing with the entries he
done
> yesterday and such security is invalid, how can I make such restriction of
> today's date, any idea please, so that user could not do anything except
in
> today's date.

> Best Regards,

> Luqman

Sat, 07 May 2005 03:51:41 GMT

1. Object security (DCOMCFG, Component Services, Security, VB6, Installation)

2. Problems with MTS security or Database Security ?????

3. security prompt where there is no security?

4. Access 2000 Security VS. Access XP Security

5. Use NT Security instead of SQL Security

6. Date - date = date

7. Compare date in form with date/time in form with date/time in database

8. Dates dates dates

9. Dates, Dates, & More Dates

10. Date Difference to Return the most Current Date

11. Date/Time to date

12. VBA date query - not getting current date