ACCESS 97 & SQLserver 2K in the same app
Author Message
 ACCESS 97 & SQLserver 2K in the same app

I need update data from both SQLserver 2K database (via an SQL server ODBC)
and ACCESS 97 database. What do I need to have in references in order to
work with both?
Thanks
Bill

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:37:36 GMT
 ACCESS 97 & SQLserver 2K in the same app
Hi Bill,

First, do no multipost.

References depend on which technology you are going to use. If it is ADO,
then you need to have reference to ADO library. It is the same library for
any database, but to be able to work with Access 2000 and Access 97 at same
time, you need to use Jet 4.0 OLEDB provider, not Jet 3.51

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> I need update data from both SQLserver 2K database (via an SQL server
ODBC)
> and ACCESS 97 database. What do I need to have in references in order to
> work with both?
> Thanks
> Bill

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:18:52 GMT
 ACCESS 97 & SQLserver 2K in the same app
Please forgive me ... again. I didn't know which group to send the message.
Will Jet 4.0 work with SWLserver tables? And where to get it?
Thanks
Bill

Quote:
> Hi Bill,

> First, do no multipost.

> References depend on which technology you are going to use. If it is ADO,
> then you need to have reference to ADO library. It is the same library for
> any database, but to be able to work with Access 2000 and Access 97 at
same
> time, you need to use Jet 4.0 OLEDB provider, not Jet 3.51

> --
> Val Mazur
> Microsoft MVP

> > I need update data from both SQLserver 2K database (via an SQL server
> ODBC)
> > and ACCESS 97 database. What do I need to have in references in order to
> > work with both?
> > Thanks
> > Bill

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 02:53:32 GMT
 ACCESS 97 & SQLserver 2K in the same app
Hi,

What is a SWLserver?
You could download Jet 4.0 from next link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/dat...
.asp

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Please forgive me ... again. I didn't know which group to send the
message.
> Will Jet 4.0 work with SWLserver tables? And where to get it?
> Thanks
> Bill

> > Hi Bill,

> > First, do no multipost.

> > References depend on which technology you are going to use. If it is
ADO,
> > then you need to have reference to ADO library. It is the same library
for
> > any database, but to be able to work with Access 2000 and Access 97 at
> same
> > time, you need to use Jet 4.0 OLEDB provider, not Jet 3.51

> > --
> > Val Mazur
> > Microsoft MVP

> > > I need update data from both SQLserver 2K database (via an SQL server
> > ODBC)
> > > and ACCESS 97 database. What do I need to have in references in order
> > > work with both?
> > > Thanks
> > > Bill

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:37:57 GMT
 ACCESS 97 & SQLserver 2K in the same app
Irregardless of what technology you are using, you will need:
    MS Access Driver (If you have MS Access 2000 or better you have it)
    SQL Server Driver(If you have the latest MDAC or MS Access 2000 or
better, you allready have it.)

You need to use each driver with it's respective database.

Your best bet is to use ADO with the following OLEDB providers:
    Microsoft Jet 4.0
    Microsoft SQL Server

Regards

Shane Brodie

Quote:
> Please forgive me ... again. I didn't know which group to send the
message.
> Will Jet 4.0 work with SWLserver tables? And where to get it?
> Thanks
> Bill

> > Hi Bill,

> > First, do no multipost.

> > References depend on which technology you are going to use. If it is
ADO,
> > then you need to have reference to ADO library. It is the same library
for
> > any database, but to be able to work with Access 2000 and Access 97 at
> same
> > time, you need to use Jet 4.0 OLEDB provider, not Jet 3.51

> > --
> > Val Mazur
> > Microsoft MVP

> > > I need update data from both SQLserver 2K database (via an SQL server
> > ODBC)
> > > and ACCESS 97 database. What do I need to have in references in order
> > > work with both?
> > > Thanks
> > > Bill

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 06:37:54 GMT

1. Access 97 VBA v Access 2K VBA - different ?

2. Access 97 running (?) on Win 2K Adv Server

3. Write in SqlServer by Access 97

4. ACCESS 97 vs SQLSERVER 6.5

5. DHTML Edit Control, RTF Edit Control, Access 97 Client, SQLServer 7.0 Back End

6. Access 97 in Windows 98 and 2K

7. VB5 - Access 97 - SqlServer 6.5 - non-disappearing tmp file

8. DHTML Edit Control, RTF Edit Control, Access 97 Client, SQLServer 7.0 Back End

9. convert Access 97 to 2K and VB6.0 Urgent help Thanks

10. distributing an app written in access 2000 runtime but client still uses access 97

11. VB6/Access 97 app on computer running Access 2000

12. VB6/Access 97 app on computer running Access 2000