Multi User - Update problem
Author Message
 Multi User - Update problem

We have a VB 6.0, ADO 2.6 connected to a SQL Server 7.0 database.
The recordsets are client-side, Static, Optimistic

When two users are in the same records, and both change information, I use a rs.Resync before calling the rs.Update, but I still receive an error:

Optimistic concurrency check failed. The row was modified outside of this cursor.
Error #: -2147217864

How do you handle multiuser? I would like who ever saves to overwrite the records on the SQL Server 7.0 even if someone else changed the data.

God Bless
Marco Napoli
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:19:19 GMT
 Multi User - Update problem
If you handle multiuser updates is best to use a TimeStamp
field of SQl Server for check if the record was changed
for another user in the network... you may do this in a
sortedprocedure if you need a sample sendme a mail.

Quote:

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:26:59 GMT

1. ADDNEW/UPDATE/DELETE VB 5.0 in a MULTI-USER ENVIRONMENT with ACCESS 97 DATABASE FILES

2. Updating Access 1.0 file in multi-user environment

3. Forcing update after multi-user conflict with optimistic locking

4. Multi-User / Subform problem

5. VB4 /access 2 (Multi User performanc Problem - Help

6. VB ADO Multi-user problems

7. Help! Problem running application in multi-user environmnet

8. MS Access 7 Database on Network and VB5 Multi User Access Problem

9. Re VB4 / Access 2 (Multi user performance problem)

10. Problem with multi-user

11. VB4: Problem with multi-user

12. Multi-User locking problems