Data update
Author Message
 Data update

I posted this message once and it disappeared.  It was there the day after I
posted it.

Quote:

> I am having problems do an update.
> Here is what I am trying to do.
> cnn1.begintrans

> cnn1.execute( "delete from mainframe where MF = true")

> then moveing through table mainframe do
>     if record exists then update record
>     else add new record (rstEquip.addnew)

> cnn1.committ

> I have more logic than this in the actual code.  Here are the problems
that
> I am having.  I can do the delete and the updates in different
transactions
> but not the same transactions.  I understand that this may be the way VB
> does an AddNew(insert vs addnew).  I an not sure how to do an Insert.
> I am also not sure if there is a better way to perform this whole
> transaction.  The update is very slow since I need to check everytime if
the
> current record exists and then do either an update or addnew.

> Thanks.

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:22:45 GMT

1. Help! DE Data Entry, Screen Refresh Data Update

2. Excel in Access - Data Updating

3. Data Updated to the incorrect record

4. New data/updating the Combo Box

5. Data update...

6. Data updating class source codes...

7. Data updating

8. VB6:How to speed data update

9. Last(?)Data(?)Updated

10. client cache data updated dinamicly ???

11. Client cache data updated dinamicly

12. How to detect data update in Access + VB