Slow INSERTs with SQL SERVER
Author Message
 Slow INSERTs with SQL SERVER

I have a VB6 program that is INSERTING about 8000 records in a SQL
SERVERR 2000 Database. I am using the EXECUTE command to run an insert
statement.  However, the inserts run very slow, eg. about 400 in a
sec.   DTS does not have an issue w/ this table but ADO does.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:38:51 GMT
 Slow INSERTs with SQL SERVER
well, ADO WILL go slower than DTS, since it's essentially an abstraction
layer. more info on exactly what you're doing here might help, but
400/sec sounds about right to me (without any further information, what
else can I say?)

function String.prototype.r(){// Javascript rot13 en/decipherment. run
me for Atrax's signature
        var a='nopqrstuvwxyz';var b='abcdefghijklm';var j='/:.'+a+b;var
k='/:.'+b+a;var l='';
        for(var
x=0;x<this.length;x++){l+=k.charAt(j.indexOf(this.charAt(x)));}return l;

Quote:
}       alert("uggc://jjj.ernqgurshpxvatznahny.pb.hx/".r()); // Atrax, MVP

2002.

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:34:11 GMT
 Slow INSERTs with SQL SERVER
Try using SQL-DMO and use the importdata methods, this simulates a bulk
insert through BCP,  check the books online for more information.

Glenn.

Quote:
> well, ADO WILL go slower than DTS, since it's essentially an abstraction
> layer. more info on exactly what you're doing here might help, but
> 400/sec sounds about right to me (without any further information, what
> else can I say?)

> function String.prototype.r(){// Javascript rot13 en/decipherment. run
> me for Atrax's signature
> var a='nopqrstuvwxyz';var b='abcdefghijklm';var j='/:.'+a+b;var
> k='/:.'+b+a;var l='';
> for(var
> x=0;x<this.length;x++){l+=k.charAt(j.indexOf(this.charAt(x)));}return l;
> } alert("uggc://jjj.ernqgurshpxvatznahny.pb.hx/".r()); // Atrax, MVP
> 2002.

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:05:59 GMT

1. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

2. Insert Data Into Access Database From SQL Server ADO Insert

3. need ID from newly inserted record (altered by insert trigger on SQL server)

4. Insert date type varible through ODBC SQL server driver to SQL 7.0 database

5. SQL Server slower than Jet, why???

6. SQL Server slower than Access?

7. vb5/sql server slow

8. SQL Server slow on some workstations

9. Slow VB3.0 and SQL Server?

10. ODBC to SQL Server is Slow

11. SQL Server slower than Access?

12. Importing Text to SQL Server Waaaaaayyyy Too Slow!