ADO Date Fields (ADO 2.1, VB 6, Oracle 8)
Author Message
 ADO Date Fields (ADO 2.1, VB 6, Oracle 8)

I have the same problem using a Acess DB

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I have an interesting situation that maybe someone has previously
> encountered and solved.  I have a disconnected ADO recordset (from an
Oracle
> 8 DB) that contains numerous Date Fields.  If I try to set a rs.value (of
> DBTimeStamp datatype) to vbNull the rs.value defaults to Dec 31, 1899.  In
> other words, I can not find a way to insert a Null into the Oracle DB date
> field 'cause the ADO recordset does not like Nulls in Date fields.

> Any ideas???

> Thanx in advance,

> Steve

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6.0, ORACLE 8.04 with ADO 2.1

2. Unable to get Output data using VB, Ado 2.1 and Oracle Stored procedure

3. ADO Control against ADO 2.1 and ADO 2.0

4. VB 6/ADO 2.1/JET- Copying NULL fields across recordsets causes error 80040e21

5. VB 6/ADO 2.1/JET- Copying NULL fields across recordsets causes error 80040e21

6. ADO 2.1 with Oracle Client Problems

7. ADO 2.1 with Oracle Client Problems

8. Bulk Loading of Data to Oracle with ADO 2.1

9. ADO 2.1 ConnectionString for Personal Oracle 8 ?

10. ADO 2.1 with Oracle Client Problems

11. Does ADO 2.5 or up backward compatible with ADO 2.1

12. ADO 2.5 and ADO 2.1 compatibility