Access2000 not updating
Author Message
 Access2000 not updating

Hi Tobin,
How Long has the app been in use on the users system?
Is this an older app that just was put onto the winme
computer?
Do you use transactions?
Are your updates made with recordsets or commands?
Need more information to help you with this
Ed Voss
MCP
Quote:

Mon, 02 May 2005 07:16:17 GMT
 Access2000 not updating
I am using Access2000 backend with a VB6 front end on
WindowsMe.  I have a user who entered information for 2
tables.  They entered 30 records on Friday and when they
came in today, they were all gone.

Does anyone know why the database didn't update?

Mon, 02 May 2005 05:47:09 GMT
 Access2000 not updating
Hi,

Are you sure that tables were updated on Friday? Did not you expirience any
rebootings on your PC? Are you sure that you have connected to proper
database?

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> I am using Access2000 backend with a VB6 front end on
> WindowsMe.  I have a user who entered information for 2
> tables.  They entered 30 records on Friday and when they
> came in today, they were all gone.

> Does anyone know why the database didn't update?

Mon, 02 May 2005 08:50:33 GMT
 Access2000 not updating

Quote:
> I am using Access2000 backend with a VB6 front end on
> WindowsMe.  I have a user who entered information for 2
> tables.  They entered 30 records on Friday and when they
> came in today, they were all gone.

Were the data written to the database last Friday?

If they were, what operations did you perform before today?

--
Peter Wu
Microsoft Corporation

rights.

Mon, 02 May 2005 11:00:54 GMT
 Access2000 not updating
Ed,
Thanks for your help.  The app has been in use for a
couple of weeks and it was rolled out as soon as it was
created and tested.

I am using transactions.  I think this is where the
problem lies.  I am not very familiar with transactions
(bad decision on my part).  Updates are all done with
recordsets.

Tricia

Quote:

Sun, 08 May 2005 22:45:40 GMT
 Access2000 not updating

Quote:
> Ed,
> Thanks for your help.  The app has been in use for a
> couple of weeks and it was rolled out as soon as it was
> created and tested.

> I am using transactions.  I think this is where the
> problem lies.  I am not very familiar with transactions
> (bad decision on my part).  Updates are all done with
> recordsets.

> Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what database technology you use. Hope the following KB articles
help.

Q146908 HOWTO: Speed Up Data Access by Using BeginTrans & CommitTrans
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q146908

Q300216 HOW TO: Keep a Jet 4.0 Database in Top Working Condition
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q300216

NOTE:

Microsoft Jet is not intended to be used with high-stress,
high-concurrency, 24x7 server applications, such as Web, commerce,
transactional, and messaging servers. For these type of applications, the
best solution is to switch to a true client/server-based database system
such as Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) or Microsoft SQL Server. When you use
Microsoft Jet in high-stress applications such as Microsoft Internet
Information Server (IIS), customers have reported database corruption,
stability issues such as IIS crashing or locking up, and also a sudden and
persistent failure of the driver to connect to a valid database that
requires re-starting the IIS service.

Hope this helps.

--
Peter Wu
Microsoft Corporation

Mon, 09 May 2005 09:34:25 GMT

1. Updating Tables That Are Linked to Access2000

2. All messed up with OLEDB, Access2000 & Update

3. Help with Inconsistent/buggy UPDATE in VB5/Access2000

4. Update/Insert into An Access2000 Memo field

5. VB update to Access2000 table using ADO ?

6. OpenDatabase in Access2000 does not work!

7. Reference to MDE does not work in Access2000

8. OpenDatabase() in Access2000 does not work!

9. VB6 not recognizing Access2000 DB?

10. not able to connect to access2000

11. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

12. ADODB.Recordset.Update does not update?