DAO vs ADO Performance
Author Message
 DAO vs ADO Performance

Currently we have an application written in both Visual Basic and C++.
We are currently using DAO to connect to DB2 and using DAO Recordsets.
We had heard ADO gives better performance, so I did a "sliver" test
using ADO instead of DAO.  Within this sliver test I found ADO has the
same performance as DAO.  We are going through ODBC.  Being I found in
my sliver test that performance was the same, I am curious if I'm
missing a setting or if I should be going through something else
besides ODBC to lead to this better performance.  I would be curious of
other individual's experiences using ADO over DAO (or even RDO).
Please let me know!

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO's Performance vs DAO's Performance

2. ADO: Performance Testing vs. DAO

3. ADO vs DAO performance

4. Performance ADO Vs DAO

5. ADO vs DAO vs RDO

6. VB5 vs VB6, DAO vs ADO?

7. ADO vs RDO vs DAO?

8. VB5 vs VB6, DAO vs ADO?

9. Data Control vs. DAO Performance

10. DAO 3.0 performance: Win95 vs. WinNT 4.0

11. Performance (ADO vs DAO vs RDO) and (Resultset vs Recordset) ?

12. Performance comparison: ADO, DAO, ODBC