How can I update a DBF FILE 
Author Message
 How can I update a DBF FILE

UIs there any way that i can make an update with an DBF file ???? with
ADO???

I need to make an Insert, update and delete operations into an DBF file with
ADO can I do that??? I am using VB6

I really need to prove that VB can work with DBF files , because my boss is
up to quit the VB development in my office and use the DB2K (visual dbase)
but the problem is there is not too much people worikng with it in Bolivia
so  i'd rather VB its easy to find out people who know it , I am learning
DB2K and i found it pretty powerfull but the IDE is poor yet  and it is not
to frendly when you are up to write the code , you dont have the Inteligent
IDE that VB have and thats a very very serious problem when you are use to
use it,

any Idea ??? please
Thanks



Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:14:47 GMT  
 How can I update a DBF FILE
Since Introduction of mdac 2.1 Microsoft has dropped the update
possibillities of .dbf files.
You can still use this, but in that case you ALSO must install the borland
dataengine. then Ms will interact with the borland dataengine to do what you
want.
Take al look at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeupdate.html

Jan Willem Vriesman

--

The contents of this mail is checked with
Norman anti virus software.


Quote:
> UIs there any way that i can make an update with an DBF file ???? with
> ADO???

> I need to make an Insert, update and delete operations into an DBF file
with
> ADO can I do that??? I am using VB6

> I really need to prove that VB can work with DBF files , because my boss
is
> up to quit the VB development in my office and use the DB2K (visual dbase)
> but the problem is there is not too much people worikng with it in Bolivia
> so  i'd rather VB its easy to find out people who know it , I am learning
> DB2K and i found it pretty powerfull but the IDE is poor yet  and it is
not
> to frendly when you are up to write the code , you dont have the
Inteligent
> IDE that VB have and thats a very very serious problem when you are use to
> use it,

> any Idea ??? please
> Thanks



Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:50:37 GMT  
 How can I update a DBF FILE
Hi

Quote:
> Since Introduction of mdac 2.1 Microsoft has dropped the update
> possibillities of .dbf files.
> You can still use this, but in that case you ALSO must install the borland
> dataengine. then Ms will interact with the borland dataengine to do what
you
> want.

Are telling me that i can not use VB anymore????   Tell me can i use DBF
files with DAO ????

Thanks
bye



Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:58:25 GMT  
 How can I update a DBF FILE
what you can try is to do a search for OLEDB drives fro dbf files, I managed
to find one for Interbase for Linux.
You should be able to find one but you have a 90% chance that you will have
to buy it.

Cheers,
Maartin.

Quote:
> Hi

> > Since Introduction of mdac 2.1 Microsoft has dropped the update
> > possibillities of .dbf files.
> > You can still use this, but in that case you ALSO must install the
borland
> > dataengine. then Ms will interact with the borland dataengine to do what
> you
> > want.

> Are telling me that i can not use VB anymore????   Tell me can i use DBF
> files with DAO ????

> Thanks
> bye



Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:42:34 GMT  
 How can I update a DBF FILE
I have no experience with DAO so i don't know.

The only way I know to use add/delet/update with dbf Files is to also
install the borland datbase engine and use Ms ODBC.

Greetings

The contents of this mail is checked with
Norman anti virus software.


Quote:
> Hi

> > Since Introduction of mdac 2.1 Microsoft has dropped the update
> > possibillities of .dbf files.
> > You can still use this, but in that case you ALSO must install the
borland
> > dataengine. then Ms will interact with the borland dataengine to do what
> you
> > want.

> Are telling me that i can not use VB anymore????   Tell me can i use DBF
> files with DAO ????

> Thanks
> bye



Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:28:39 GMT  
 How can I update a DBF FILE
Hi

I have installed DB2K on my computer ( Visual dbase 2000) and it have one
BDE and it have an ODBC driver for clipper too, can i use that DBE?? tell me
, how do you do , can you send me a guide line???? please . just the way you
do that ok??

Thanks in advance
bye



Tue, 02 Nov 2004 04:54:05 GMT  
 How can I update a DBF FILE
Sergio

Enclosed is e very little project with a .dbf file in it.
Make sure the dbf file is in the same dir as your vb-project files where you
ectract the files to.
just examine the code.
 This is just a little very basic instructions to get you on the way. No
error trapping or whatever.

The contents of this mail is checked with
Norman anti virus software.


Quote:
> Hi

> I have installed DB2K on my computer ( Visual dbase 2000) and it have one
> BDE and it have an ODBC driver for clipper too, can i use that DBE?? tell
me
> , how do you do , can you send me a guide line???? please . just the way
you
> do that ok??

> Thanks in advance
> bye



Fri, 05 Nov 2004 00:19:16 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Convert Access 2.0 Dbf-file to Access 97 Dbf-file

2. Updating DBF file Using ADO

3. Can't update a .DBF DBase file

4. Updating *.dbf Files

5. How to combine the data from two .dbf database file to one new .dbf database fil

6. Cans access2.0 engine access btrieve files?

7. Vb6: Problems with .DBF table Update

8. Unable to update .DBF - Error: Object must use an updateable query

9. can't update DBF

10. Update a dbf table?

11. Visual Basic-DAO corrupts CDX updating DBF

12. Visual Basic-DAO corrupts CDXs updating a DBF.

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software