Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking
Author Message
 Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking

Hi,

Can I use Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking to
update Access database?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:09:04 GMT
 Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking
Optimistic Batch requires the client-side provider which only supports
static cursors.

--
William (Bill) Vaughn, Author, Trainer, Mentor
Microsoft Pacwest Regional Director

Quote:
> Hi,

> Can I use Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking to
> update Access database?

> Thanks in advance,
> Andy

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 02:17:07 GMT
 Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking
Hi William,

Is it true SQL server support this combination? The book,
Programming ADO by David Sceppa, says that. But I don't
have this experience. It seems Access and SQL server
perform differently.

Thanks for your help.
Andy

Quote:

benefit.
confers no rights.
>________________________________

>> Hi,

>> Can I use Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking to
>> update Access database?

>> Thanks in advance,
>> Andy

>.

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 03:39:41 GMT
 Dynamic cursor + Optimistic batch locking
Hi Andy,

Best way to find it out is to make small test. Just set LockType and
CursorType preperties of recordset into each combination of possible
settings and see what you have in those properties after you opened
recordset. If recordset does not support selected combination, then ADO will
reset it to some default value. This way you could prepare table of all
combinations and you will see which cursor supported in each particular
situation.
Access and SQL Server cursors may behave differently, because you are
working using different providers and each provider could have specific
limitations or features

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

Quote:
> Hi William,

> Is it true SQL server support this combination? The book,
> Programming ADO by David Sceppa, says that. But I don't
> have this experience. It seems Access and SQL server
> perform differently.

> Thanks for your help.
> Andy

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:38:04 GMT

1. Help needed : ServerSide Cursor and Optimistic Locking

2. Add a new item also locked with optimistic locking

3. Optimistic Batch Updates

4. Optimistic Batch Updates

5. Optimistic Lock: No Error Adding New Record

6. Optimistic Locking and Write Conflict Errors

7. Optimistic Locking in VB with Stored procedures

8. Optimistic Record locking (networked Database)

9. Re : Error 3186 on Optimistic Locking

10. Error 3186 on Optimistic Locking

11. IOT and Optimistic Locks

12. Forcing update after multi-user conflict with optimistic locking