Timeout Expired Error?
Author Message
 Timeout Expired Error?

Hello,
    I am getting a error while trying to execute a SQL Server query via ADO.
The Error number is -2147217871 (80040e31) 'Timeout Expired'
Is there any way that I can set a timeout value so the program waits longer?
Thank you.

Joshua Wolfe

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:06:07 GMT
 Timeout Expired Error?
You have to set the timeout in SQL Server configuration properties.

Certified VB6, SQL 7 and ASP developer
Home Page: http://partha.tripod.com

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:38:24 GMT
 Timeout Expired Error?
How do I do that?

Joshua Wolfe

Quote:
> You have to set the timeout in SQL Server configuration properties.

> Certified VB6, SQL 7 and ASP developer
> Home Page: http://partha.tripod.com

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:26:51 GMT
 Timeout Expired Error?
You can set the timeout in the ADO Connection object.  The property is
something like .CommandTimeout.  The default timeout is 30 seconds.

Quote:
> Hello,
>     I am getting a error while trying to execute a SQL Server query via
ADO.
> The Error number is -2147217871 (80040e31) 'Timeout Expired'
> Is there any way that I can set a timeout value so the program waits
longer?
> Thank you.

> Joshua Wolfe

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:40:56 GMT

1. Timeout Expired Error

2. Timeout Expired Error!!!

3. Timeout Expired Error!!!

4. Timeout expired error

5. Timeout Expired Error With SQL server ODBC

6. Timeout Expired Error With SQL server ODBC

7. VB5, RDO & SQL Server Timeout Expired Error

8. Timeout Expired Error

9. Timeout Expired Error!!!

10. Error # 5 Timeout expired

11. Error 3234: ODBC--remote query timeout expired

12. run time error: timeout expired