ADODB.Connection
Author Message
 ADODB.Connection

Hi

I have the following problem.
2. I wrote app in VB 6 That Make A Connection  To DataBase In Access.
The Connection is

Public CnAccess As New ADODB.Connection
With CnAccess
     .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
     .Open "The Path Of My DataBase is C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb"
End With
3. It works great on my computer (win 98) a computer in which I installed
Visual Basic Version 6.

4. I made package for the VB application to deploy it to my
clients, setup complete succesfully. Then I run my exe file and I get a
runtime error"the Provider Not Found (error 3706)"
5.When I Install Visual Basic Version 6  in My Client Computer It works
great.
6.How I Deploy My Package Without Installing Visual Basic?
I need to deploy the adodb.connection and all it is needed to run.

7.If I Make Another connection
Set myWS = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
Set myDB = myWS.OpenDatabase(C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb ")
then I use here dao, will it work without installing any extra feature ?

Thanks,
Anat Eini
Easy Tech (1993 LTD)

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:13:42 GMT
 ADODB.Connection
I would check to see if your clients' computers are running the same version
of Access (Access2000?) as you are.
~Paul
Quote:

> Hi

> I have the following problem.
> 2. I wrote app in VB 6 That Make A Connection  To DataBase In Access.
> The Connection is

> Public CnAccess As New ADODB.Connection
> With CnAccess
>      .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
>      .Open "The Path Of My DataBase is C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb"
> End With
> 3. It works great on my computer (win 98) a computer in which I installed
> Visual basic Version 6.

> 4. I made package for the VB application to deploy it to my
> clients, setup complete succesfully. Then I run my exe file and I get a
> runtime error"the Provider Not Found (error 3706)"
> 5.When I Install Visual Basic Version 6  in My Client Computer It works
> great.
> 6.How I Deploy My Package Without Installing Visual Basic?
> I need to deploy the adodb.connection and all it is needed to run.

> 7.If I Make Another connection
> Set myWS = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
> Set myDB = myWS.OpenDatabase(C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb ")
> then I use here dao, will it work without installing any extra feature ?

> Thanks,
> Anat Eini
> Easy Tech (1993 LTD)

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:37:20 GMT
 ADODB.Connection
Hi,

Try making a System DSN.

Rich

Quote:
> Hi

> I have the following problem.
> 2. I wrote app in VB 6 That Make A Connection  To DataBase In Access.
> The Connection is

> Public CnAccess As New ADODB.Connection
> With CnAccess
>      .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
>      .Open "The Path Of My DataBase is C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb"
> End With
> 3. It works great on my computer (win 98) a computer in which I installed
> Visual basic Version 6.

> 4. I made package for the VB application to deploy it to my
> clients, setup complete succesfully. Then I run my exe file and I get a
> runtime error"the Provider Not Found (error 3706)"
> 5.When I Install Visual Basic Version 6  in My Client Computer It works
> great.
> 6.How I Deploy My Package Without Installing Visual Basic?
> I need to deploy the adodb.connection and all it is needed to run.

> 7.If I Make Another connection
> Set myWS = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
> Set myDB = myWS.OpenDatabase(C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb ")
> then I use here dao, will it work without installing any extra feature ?

> Thanks,
> Anat Eini
> Easy Tech (1993 LTD)

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:37:41 GMT
 ADODB.Connection

Quote:
> Hi

> I have the following problem.
> 2. I wrote app in VB 6 That Make A Connection  To DataBase In Access.
> The Connection is

> Public CnAccess As New ADODB.Connection
> With CnAccess
>      .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
>      .Open "The Path Of My DataBase is C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb"
> End With
> 3. It works great on my computer (win 98) a computer in which I installed
> Visual basic Version 6.

> 4. I made package for the VB application to deploy it to my
> clients, setup complete succesfully. Then I run my exe file and I get a
> runtime error"the Provider Not Found (error 3706)"
> 5.When I Install Visual Basic Version 6  in My Client Computer It works
> great.
> 6.How I Deploy My Package Without Installing Visual Basic?
> I need to deploy the adodb.connection and all it is needed to run.

> 7.If I Make Another connection
> Set myWS = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
> Set myDB = myWS.OpenDatabase(C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb ")
> then I use here dao, will it work without installing any extra feature ?

> Thanks,
> Anat Eini
> Easy Tech (1993 LTD)

You need to install MDAC_TYP.EXE, I add the same problem when i deploy
my first DB project using ADO.

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:07:47 GMT
 ADODB.Connection
Anat:

One of the previous replies suggests that you need to install MDAC_Typ.exe
which is correct.  However, if you are going to use the OLEDB.3.51 provider
then you have to use the version of MDAC that installs ADO 2.0 or 2.1.  If
you install the one of the current versions (2.5 or 2.6) it will only
install the OLEDB.4.0 provider.  Good luck.

Bob

Quote:
> Hi

> I have the following problem.
> 2. I wrote app in VB 6 That Make A Connection  To DataBase In Access.
> The Connection is

> Public CnAccess As New ADODB.Connection
> With CnAccess
>      .Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51"
>      .Open "The Path Of My DataBase is C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb"
> End With
> 3. It works great on my computer (win 98) a computer in which I installed
> Visual basic Version 6.

> 4. I made package for the VB application to deploy it to my
> clients, setup complete succesfully. Then I run my exe file and I get a
> runtime error"the Provider Not Found (error 3706)"
> 5.When I Install Visual Basic Version 6  in My Client Computer It works
> great.
> 6.How I Deploy My Package Without Installing Visual Basic?
> I need to deploy the adodb.connection and all it is needed to run.

> 7.If I Make Another connection
> Set myWS = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
> Set myDB = myWS.OpenDatabase(C:\EY2000\Pilot\EasyPilot.mdb ")
> then I use here dao, will it work without installing any extra feature ?

> Thanks,
> Anat Eini
> Easy Tech (1993 LTD)

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:55:06 GMT

1. ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset question

2. ADODB.Connection.Execute VS ADODB.Recordset.Update

3. ADODB.connection & ADODB.Recordset

4. Main program clogs when adodb.connection object can't make connection

5. ADODB connection

6. ADODB.Connection error 800a01ad

7. Error from CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

8. ADODB connection string for Access

9. ADODB connection in VB ruined after installing Client Access

10. ADODB.Connection from ASP to a COM

11. ADODB.Connection

12. DataReport - ADODB Connection