Error: Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors 
Author Message
 Error: Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors

I have a VB6 application using the Jet 4.0 provider and ADO 2.5.  I get the
error
    Run-time error '-2147217887 (80040e21)
    Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.
    Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

According to the VB6 de{*filter*}, this error is generated when executing one of
a series of statements like:

    rs("Field1") = TextBox1.Text
    rs("Field2") = TextBox2.Text
    rs("Field3") = TextBox3.Text

where rs is an open ADO recordset and TextBox is an ordinary VB text box on
a form.

This happens randomly, and seems to happen more often if most of the
TextBox.Text fields contain empty strings. The de{*filter*} does not always trap
out on the same statement, and if I single step through the code it always
works.

I notice this on several Win98 systems, one of which is a clean install
dedicated to testing this app. I have never seen it on the several Win2K
systems I've tried with the app.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
-----------------------------------

Elias Sports Bureau



Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:17:27 GMT  
 Error: Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors
Good practice is rs.fields("Field1").value = text1.text & ""

Or

If not isnull(Text1.text) or not text1.text = "" Then
    rs.fields("Field1") = text1.text
end if

It usually means though .... I can't find the field   : ))

Regards

VOrtex


Quote:
> I have a VB6 application using the Jet 4.0 provider and ADO 2.5.  I get
the
> error
>     Run-time error '-2147217887 (80040e21)
>     Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.
>     Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

> According to the VB6 de{*filter*}, this error is generated when executing one
of
> a series of statements like:

>     rs("Field1") = TextBox1.Text
>     rs("Field2") = TextBox2.Text
>     rs("Field3") = TextBox3.Text

> where rs is an open ADO recordset and TextBox is an ordinary VB text box
on
> a form.

> This happens randomly, and seems to happen more often if most of the
> TextBox.Text fields contain empty strings. The de{*filter*} does not always
trap
> out on the same statement, and if I single step through the code it always
> works.

> I notice this on several Win98 systems, one of which is a clean install
> dedicated to testing this app. I have never seen it on the several Win2K
> systems I've tried with the app.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks!

> --
> -----------------------------------

> Elias Sports Bureau



Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:35:58 GMT  
 
 [ 2 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Error: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

2. FileSystemObject.FileCopy Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

3. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

4. Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errors

5. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors....

6. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

7. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.

8. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

9. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors.

10. Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors

11. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

12. Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Error

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software