ADO to ASP question
Author Message
 ADO to ASP question

Hi all,

I have the following code which creates an XML stream object from an ADO
recordset:

    'Save Recordset into Stream
    Set oStm = New ADODB.Stream
    oRs.Save oStm, adPersistXML

    'Use MSXML's XMLHTTP object to open ASP
    Set oXMLHTTP = New MSXML2.XMLHTTP30
    oXMLHTTP.Open "POST", "http://myServerName/AuthorsSave.asp?Author=Ivan"
    oXMLHTTP.send oStm.ReadText

How should the ASP side look like, in order for the ASP page to save the
records sent from the client to the database server?

Thanks,
Ivan

Mon, 09 May 2005 17:13:11 GMT
 ADO to ASP question
AuthorsSave.asp?

this is explained in the XML SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/

objXML.Load(Request), if I remember correctly.

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Tue, 10 May 2005 12:41:13 GMT
 ADO to ASP question
there were no examples available... all were for asp.net and not the old asp
:(

Ivan

Quote:
> AuthorsSave.asp?

> this is explained in the XML SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/

> objXML.Load(Request), if I remember correctly.

> I got bored with my old signature,
> so I changed it

> Atrax. MVP, IIS
> http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Tue, 10 May 2005 23:33:28 GMT
 ADO to ASP question
Here is a sample:

HOWTO: Send a Binary Stream by Using XMLHTTP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q296772

Luke

rights.)

Wed, 11 May 2005 21:49:08 GMT
 ADO to ASP question
Thanks, that was helpful!!

Ivan

Quote:
> Here is a sample:

> HOWTO: Send a Binary Stream by Using XMLHTTP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q296772

> Luke

> rights.)

Wed, 11 May 2005 23:56:08 GMT
 ADO to ASP question
really? they've dropped the old examples (which IIRC were VB6.0 (?))
from the SDK?

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Fri, 13 May 2005 12:03:26 GMT

1. ADO and ASP Question...

2. XML,ADO and ASP question

3. ado and asp question

4. VBScript, ADO, ASP: Yet Another Stupid Newbie Question

5. VBScript, ADO, ASP: Yet Another Stupid Newbie Question

6. ADO in VB6 Compared to ADO in AsP

7. ASP - ASP.NET quick question about including files..

8. ADO/ADO.NET to Access db question

9. ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

10. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

11. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

12. Calling Sub from ADO in ASP page.