Specified SQL server not found.
Author Message
 Specified SQL server not found.

Has anyone encountered this error when trying to connect to a 6.5 or 7.0
SQL Server box?

I am sporadically getting this message from clients using ADO 2.1 from a
VB front-end.  We have unlimited connections set on both boxes so the
connection limit is not being hit.  The network is running NT 4.0 SP 5
and the clients are win 95 machines?

We are trying to determine if this is a network issue or a potential
flaw with our code.  Any ideas how we can determine our problem and/or
what conditions which this error arises from.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Specified SQL server not found.
Scott,

What is the SQL Server client network utility set to?
NamedPipes? IP Sockets?  You're query is trying to establish a connection
via NamedPipes but cannot locate the name you have specified.  Try aliasing
the SQL Server or using a DSN to access the system.

-Mike McGrew

Quote:
> Has anyone encountered this error when trying to connect to a 6.5 or 7.0
> SQL Server box?

> I am sporadically getting this message from clients using ADO 2.1 from a
> VB front-end.  We have unlimited connections set on both boxes so the
> connection limit is not being hit.  The network is running NT 4.0 SP 5
> and the clients are win 95 machines?

> We are trying to determine if this is a network issue or a potential
> flaw with our code.  Any ideas how we can determine our problem and/or
> what conditions which this error arises from.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Specified SQL server not found.

2. Specified SQL server not found (ERROR)

3. Specified SQL Server not found error

4. Specified SQL server not found.

5. Error #-2146824582 ADO could not find the specified provider Using SQL SERVER CE

6. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

7. Specified Server Not Found Error

8. SQL-Server not found

9. Another Physical DB not found (but with SQL server)

10. SQL Server Not Found

11. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

12. Can not find SQL Server