Newbie: VB6 front-end to oracle8i problems
Author Message
 Newbie: VB6 front-end to oracle8i problems

I am beginning to learn Visual Basic6.

As a test, I used the ado data control with the form wizard to create a
master-detail form using the Department(Master) and Employee (Detail)
tables from the DEMO schema found in Oracle8i.  The master-detail link
is Department_ID found in both tables.

Something happens with the link because the Department_ID returns as
zero thus all the employees are listed to the one Department.  The
source data has no Department_ID zero. Also when I add the Department
or Employee table data separately to a form with no relationship the
data returns just fine.

Any thoughts

Thanks
Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem Connecting VB front end to C++ back end

2. Newbie question: improve VB front-end app response time

3. Newbie needs help with database front end

4. Newbie: Why use Access instead of VB to create front end

5. Search an Access DB backend using a VB6 front end

6. VB6 front end to Access/SQL Server

7. Using VB6 As A Front-End on A Linux DB

8. VB6 front / Access 97 back end multiuser question

9. Exporting Access records to MS Word via VB6 front end app

10. VB6 front end talking to an Access 97 database multiuser question

11. Access or vb6 for front end

12. Access97 backend with VB6.0 front ends?