Setting Paper size on VB Data Reports
Author Message
 Setting Paper size on VB Data Reports

I had posted this message a couple of weeks ago under vb.dataenvreport section
but still have not received any response. Can anybody help me?

I have to print Visual Basic data reports on continuous paper of custom size
which is 6x6
inches. I have specified the following in my vb code:

            Printer.PaperSize = vbPRPSUser
            Printer.Height = 8640
            Printer.Width = 8640
            DataReport1.Show vbModal, Me

However on the preview screen it still shows the default paper size of the
printer which is Letter size. Are the above statements having no effect? How do I
get it to show the 6x6 inch paper size in preview mode?

Abby

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:11:29 GMT
 Setting Paper size on VB Data Reports
I am not an expert on the printer object, but I believe that it will take
whatever the printer says the paper size is and use that over anything you
specify in code.  Unless you can get the printer itself to communicate the
odd size, it won't show up in the preview that way.  Does the report
actually print properly?

Philip Meeks
ETV Technologies

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:57:42 GMT
 Setting Paper size on VB Data Reports
Thanks for responding.
As you say, it seems that the code is being ignored. It shows letter size on the
preview and prints the same way. The only way I can get it to print correctly is
by changing the printer paper size in the Windows Printer Settings. But I would
like to keep this setting as Letter size and set the custom size through code.
Thanks anyway.
Abby
Quote:
I am not an expert on the printer object, but I believe that it will take
whatever the printer says the paper size is and use that over anything you
specify in code.  Unless you can get the printer itself to communicate the
odd size, it won't show up in the preview that way.  Does the report
actually print properly?

Philip Meeks
ETV Technologies

.

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:11:47 GMT

1. Setting Paper size on VB Data Reports

2. Setting up the paper orientation and paper size

3. problem in VB set the paper size

4. setting user define paper size in vb

5. Setting the paper size (VB5/NT4)

6. Data Report Error, report to wide for paper

7. Data Report Error, Report to wide for paper

8. Set Paper Size when using CommonDialog.ShowPrinter

9. Setting paper size/orientation in VB3?

10. Set the paper size in printer object

11. TWAIN programming : How to set paper size

12. Setting a specific size of paper without printer